1. During its fourth-quarter round of giving, the Sundt Foundation awarded more than $75K in grants to 19 Phoenix-area nonprofits. In addition to its grants, the Foundation also donated 25 gently used computers to five Valley charities. Amanda Hope Rainbow Angels, Chrysalis, Live & Learn AZ, StreetlightUSA and the Be Kind People Project each received five computers.
Awards & Accolades
2. A record 24 protégés were honored as the Arizona Chapter of NAIOP’s Developing Leaders Young Professionals Group (YPG) mentorship program hosted graduation for the 2019-2020 class. The 24 protégés, grouped into five teams, each pitched a development proposal to a potential equity partner. Team 3’s Eagle Landing concept took home top honors. Team members included Michael Roberts, JDM Partners; John Coughlin, Prologis; Diego Almaral, Strategic Office Partners; Alex Anstey, Willmeng Construction; and Drew Sampson, Avison Young. Cathy Thuringer of Trammell Crow Company was mentor of the winning team. Other teams included:
- Team 1: Brice Pall, Enterprise Bank & Trust; Jim Bulsiewicz, Hines; Ashley Dykstra, Kinney Construction; Jackson Paquette, SRP; David Stull, CBRE, Inc.; and Jonathan Loe, Sherman & Howard.
- Team 2: Ryan Kates, Berger Holdings; Joey Hakola, RED Development; Ian Kennedy, The Remson Group; Stephanie Lanman, Leading Edge Real Estate; and Franklin Lee, Arizona State University.
- Team 4: Christopher Campbell, BNC National Bank; Ashley Nye, Trammell Crow Company; Taylor McDonald, Whiting-Turner; Aaron Fox, Cushman & Wakefield; and Austin Knebel, LevRose Commercial Real Estate.
- Team 5: John Schott, Everest Holdings; Adam Olson, CEVA Logistics; and Mike McWilliams Jr., Plaza Companies.
3. Jennings Haug Cunningham earned top honors from the Best Lawyers in America®, which recognized the firm as a 2021 Best Law Firm in its local and national rankings.
4. Paul Johnson Drywall, Inc. announced that the company was named the Phoenix Business Journal’s 2020 Arizona Corporate Excellence (ACE) List of the Top Privately-Held Companies in Arizona. PJD earned a ranking of No. 34, based upon the company’s revenue.
5. Aline Architecture Concepts received two architecture awards during the Architecture Press Release’s 2020 Global Future Design Awards. The firm won second place in the “Commercial Built Space” category for their design work on the Old Town Scottsdale wedding/event venue The Clayton House and a third place award in the “Commercial Office Space” category for their work on the Chasse Building Team’s headquarters in Tempe.
6. Tony Elliott has been promoted to Vice President of Media and Information Technology for Velocity Retail Group. As an 18-year member of the organization, Elliott’s position has evolved while assuming responsibility for the implementation of an expanded marketing and social media program as well as a formalized performance coaching program for all members within the company.
7. LTI Contracting announced that Jason Foster has been promoted to President. Robert J. Foster will assume the role of CEO. With Foster’s leadership LTI will continue to excel in the construction industry.
8. Chris Brown was recently named Senior Vice President, leading TDIndustries’ Arizona new construction efforts. In his new role, Brown will oversee the new construction business, working closely with TD’s preconstruction group.
9. HMC Architects announced that Tara Brown has joined the firm’s healthcare practice to bolster its growth and expertise in the southwestern region of the U.S. Serving as principal-in-charge, Brown brings a wealth of industry-leading experience and a skillset rooted in strategic planning, leading big room project teams, and genuine knowledge of healthcare clients’ key drivers and business challenges.
10. Charlie Williams has joined Bellwether Enterprise and is heading the company’s new office in Phoenix. Charlie has nearly 40 years of experience originating debt and equity investments on all commercial property types throughout the country, as well as expertise with manufactured housing developments.
11. Valley business leaders are mourning the loss of Wayne Howard, a prominent real estate investor and attorney, who died on November 11th. Among the numerous companies Howard was involved with over the years was Phoenix-based Dimension Financial & Realty Investments Inc.