BEX/AZBEX Staff News
By Rebekah Morris for AZBEX
Exciting changes are happening at BEX with the promotion of two talented and experienced staff members and the rejoining of a familiar face.
Kristen Amado has been promoted to Assistant General Manager of the Arizona BEX team. Her new duties include managing the direction and operations of the three primary service lines: AZBEX Digital Magazine, DATABEX, and BEX Events. Amado started with BEX nearly five years ago and has steadily progressed through every part of the business. She knows both the intricacies of the services BEX delivers and the Arizona market incredibly well.
Lya Parrish has been promoted to DATABEX Manager. In her new role, she will continue to improve the quality of BEX data while also developing research talent and refining the new features and functionalities DATABEX subscriber’s desire. Her analytic skills are unmatched and will continue to deliver enhanced value to our subscriber base.
Roland Murphy rejoins the BEX team as the AZBEX Managing Editor. His talent and depth of knowledge in the local AEC marketplace, as well as his extensive reporting and journalism management and program development background, will bring better original content and editorial coverage to the AZBEX Digital Magazine.
Congratulations to Kristen & Lya and welcome back, Roland!
Awards & Accolades
1. The University of Arizona has been awarded $140K from The U.S. Labor Department’s Mine Safety and Health Administration through its Brookwood-Sago Grant Program. The award was one of 13 issued around the country and was issued for UA’s development of app-based training materials.
Boards & Commissions
2. The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) has named Sundt Construction’s associate general counsel Matthew Meaker chair of their construction section for a second year. In addition, Meaker will serve as the vice-chair of the corporate counsel committee and member of the communications committee. Meaker has been in the construction industry for 17 years, four of those with Sundt.
3. Arizona-based Stafford Crane Group has announced the acquisition of Portuguese tower crane manufacturer Soima Cranes. With this acquisition, SCG gains control over design and production of its tower crane equipment.
4. Houston-headquartered Soaring Eagle Technologies has been formed by combining Chandler-based Skynetwest and Mississippi-based Soaring Eagle Imagery. The new startup is part of the portfolio of Iapetus Holdings LLC. Soaring Eagle Technologies will focus on data collection for unmanned aerial systems.
5. Wespac Construction celebrated its 30th year in business in September. As a top-ranking firm in Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists and ENR’s Top 400 and Southwest Contractor Lists, Wespac has created some of the most distinctive projects throughout the Valley.
6. CCS Presentation Systems turned 30 this summer and is celebrating by introducing a brand-new clean, modern logo. Beginning as a 2-person operation in 1991, CCS now has more than 350 employees nationwide, and annual revenue across the CCS group tops $160M.
7. Chuck Carefoot has been promoted at Ryan Cos. to serve as President of the Southwest region. He has been with the company for 25 years.
8. Dibble promoted Susan Detwiler to the position of Chief Operating Officer.
9. TDIndustries, Inc. recently promoted Jamie Dabbs to lead its strategic initiatives as TD’s VP, Safety, Health and Environmental.
10. Shawn Byron has been promoted to Project Director at RVi in Tempe.
11. Kent Circle Partners | Seldin Real Estate, Inc. has announced the hiring of Josh Muhialdeen as its new Corporate Controller at the company headquarters in Scottsdale Airpark.
12. TEPCON Construction has hired 40-plus-year construction industry veteran Michael Kavathas as its VP of New Construction & Tenant Improvements.
13. Landon Lines has joined Burns & McDonnell as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the company’s mining group.