1. SDB Contracting Services announced it has reached the $100K Lifetime Giving amount to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. SDB has a long history of corporate philanthropy with Phoenix Children’s having made its first donation in 1992.
2. Rosendin dedicated its activities to the importance of creating a safe work environment during this year’s annual Construction Safety Week, May 3rd-7th. Rosendin produced and released each day of Construction Safety Week to educate workers about important topics.
3. To help bridge the diversity gap in the real estate industry, the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University has partnered with Grambling State University, a public historically Black university in rural Louisiana, to offer real estate development courses to eligible GSU students.
Awards & Accolades
4. Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc. (CPLC) announced that 17 recipients of the CPLC Tomás Espinoza Scholarship Program at Arizona State University (ASU) have completed their coursework and have obtained their bachelor’s degrees. The CPLC ASU scholarship provides tuition assistance to 60 ASU students who represent the best of the community and assists them in accomplishing their dreams of achieving a higher education to improve their lives and the future of their own families.
5. Small Giants, LLC brought home two awards from the 2021 American Advertising Awards (ADDY’s), which were held virtually on March 26th. They earned ADDY awards for clients in two major categories: cinematography and animation. Small Giants brought home a Gold award in cinematography for its work with Hyder Construction on its “We Love to Build What Others Deem Too Difficult,” sizzle reel.
Boards & Commissions
6. Bill Robertson has been appointed to a vacant seat on the Maricopa Planning & Zoning Commission by city councilmember Vincent Manfredi.
7. IMEG Corp has acquired MSA Engineering Consultants. The May 1st deal is the second acquisition of 2021 for IMEG. MSA President and Principal David Melroy said his firm is thrilled to be part of IMEG and helping drive growth in the entertainment and gaming industry. Melroy will continue as Vice-president of Gaming & Entertainment with IMEG. The firm will continue to operate out of its existing Las Vegas, Reno and Phoenix offices, doing business as MSA, now IMEG.
8. EnviroServe, a Savage Company, announced the opening of a new environmental services operation in Phoenix, its first location in Arizona and in the Southwest United States. EnviroServe’s “where you need us, when you need us” network provides emergency response, environmental remediation and waste management services across the country, now with 27 locations nationwide.
9. Architekton recently promoted six employees. Tom McClure and Ryan Grabe were both promoted to Senior Associate. Justin Trexler, Miles Roberts, Alyssa Robinson and Dan Childers were promoted to Associate.
10. BEX is excited to welcome Adella Warjiri to the team as Market Researcher, where she will focus on maintaining up-to-date and accurate information on private projects in DATABEX, our online, searchable database. Warjiri comes to BEX with a background in Marketing and a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Warjiri currently resides in Oregon and enjoys hiking and baking.
11. LGE Design Build welcomes new business development professional Christian Green to the team. As a project executive, Green will play an integral role in the generation of new business and fostering each lead through the design, estimating and construction sales process. His expertise in the areas of due diligence, financing, entitlements, zoning, real estate transactions, and construction divisions makes him a true asset for LGE’s design-build business model.
12. PK Associates Consulting Structural Engineers recently hired Samantha Womer as Marketing Manager and welcomed back Tyler Heppler as Senior Associate. Most recently Womer was employed as a Senior Associate for the League of Arizona Cities and Towns. Womer brings a decade of communications and public relations experience from her time spent working in the public sector. Heppler attended the University of Arizona and has been working in structural engineering for nine years. Some of the PKA projects Heppler was involved with include the Watermark Tempe, John C Lincoln Hospital, REI Distribution Center and Cyrus One Data Centers.
13. Three new team members have joined Mosaic, bringing a wealth of seasoned experience to the venture-backed construction technology company. Scott Balck will serve as Director of Construction Operations. Dave Hubbs will lead the purchasing department as Director of Purchasing and Rodrigo Reis holds the position of Senior Software Engineer. Balck brings 25 years of experience in construction operations and most recently served as Senior Engineer Associate for the City of Tempe. Hubbs has worked in the homebuilding and construction industry for over 20 years, focusing on contract management and purchasing responsibilities. Reis is an award-winning technical leader with 13 years of experience in architecting and building distributed applications in the cloud.
14. Neighborhood Ventures announced that Chris Lacasse has joined the team as VP of Acquisitions. In this role, Lacasse will oversee all new property acquisitions for the company.
15. Architekton recently hired Claire Duncan as a Designer. Duncan has a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from Louisiana State University and interned for Architekton the year before.
16. ABI Multifamily has hired Colin Kreager as the newest broker in the Phoenix office.