1. Concord General Contracting came up with the idea of showing appreciation to teachers, school administrators and communities by providing some cheer to various school districts within Arizona, called Show the Love. They supplied free, multiple variations of coffee (via the Traveling Cup and the Coffee Cure food trucks) along with pastries to each employee and teacher within numerous districts. At the end of the Show the Love event, Concord and various sponsors presented donations of the leftover proceedings in the amount of $4.5K to the Queen Creek Schools Education Foundation and another donation of $5.7K to the Marana Schools’ 2340 Foundations.
2. Cannon & Wendt Electric Co. recently hosted its third annual Supporting Our Heroes event, raising $41,508 to benefit the 100 Club of Arizona. Proceeds from this year’s event will help send children to the 100 Club of Arizona’s Survivor Children’s Camp in Prescott, along with purchase more wash-down kits and PPE to make sure families are taken care of and public safety servants remain healthy.
3. Rosendin teamed up with Adolfson & Peterson Construction (AP) to speak with students during Eastmark High School’s Career Fair, held on campus on April 29th. Rosendin and AP representatives talked with Mesa students about how technology has changed the construction industry to level the playing field for people interested in building large-scale projects like hotels, schools, hospitals, and light rail. They explained how they use computer modeling, Virtual Reality, 360-degree cameras, and drone technology to plan projects, and described how high-tech tools and safety equipment make building jobs more accessible to everyone.
Awards & Accolades
4. ENR Southwest has published the 2021 Top 500 Design Firms List. The Top Design Firms list ranks the largest U.S.-based design firms, both publicly and privately held, based on design-specific revenue. Olsson moved up 18 spots to No. 76 this year. The Top 10 are:
- Kimely-Horn & Associates, Inc.
- Burns & McDonnell
- WSP USA
- Bohannan Huston, Inc.
- Carollo Engineers, Inc.
- Dekker Perich Sabatini, Ltd.
- Wilson & Co., Engineers & Architects
Boards & Commissions
5. The Sundt Foundation named Stefanie Teller as the organization’s new Executive Director at its recent annual meeting. The Sundt Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Sundt Construction. Before being selected to lead the Sundt Foundation, Teller served terms as President and Vice President of its board of directors. She is also an employee of Sundt Construction, where she serves as the company’s Vice President and Director of Corporate Communications as well as a member of its eight-person executive team.
6. Source, a digital product library and specification platform that connects architects, designers, contractors, and manufacturers in commercial construction, announced a partnership with The Reference Library to bring additional digital tools and services to the architects, designers, and commercial construction community in Phoenix, such as online ordering, same-day, contactless delivery and hassle-free returns.
7. Ecolife Development announced the expansion of their Las Vegas office and opening of new office to service their growing Arizona client base. Both the Las Vegas and Arizona offices offer commercial and residential design, consulting and remodeling services for both exterior and interior spaces.
8. Phoenix-based real estate investment trust Vereit has signed an agreement to be acquired by San Diego-based Realty Income Corp. in an all-stock transaction, and the two will create a spinoff REIT for their office properties. Immediately following the closing, the companies will create a self-managed, publicly traded spinoff REIT, called SpinCo, for their office properties.
9. Atlas Real Estate and DivcoWest formed a $1B joint venture to acquire and renovate single-family rental homes across the western United States, with big plans for Arizona. They are prepared to acquire anywhere from 500 to 1,000 single-family homes in the metro Phoenix and Tucson markets. Plans call for renovating and renting them out.
10. Alex Stedman has been promoted to Associate Principal at RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture’s Tempe office. Stedman has more than 20 years of experience in land use and development and has a deep understanding of industry knowledge. Stedman has also been involved in both public and private sector work throughout Arizona, leading efforts on both large-scale master planned communities and subdivisions.
11. Ryan Companies has announced the hiring of John Paul Mulhern as Director of Development. Mulhern will be responsible for pursuing new business and supporting the execution of development and construction projects, including assessing and identifying new projects; drafting pro formas, pursuit costs and deal approval packages; managing site and project design efforts; planning and preparing RFP and quotations; and proposing, negotiating and managing leasing contracts and activities.
12. Stephanie Lemke joined R.O.I. Properties as a Commercial Associate with a commercial real estate career spans 20+ years. Lemke specializes in Landlord/Tenant, Investor & Owner-Occupant representation of medical and health care properties in the Phoenix Metro area.