1. Rosendin hosted a popular booth at the Queen Creek High School Career Fair 2021. Rosendin guided students through opportunities to enter the workforce after graduation or college, answering questions about the industry, job openings, and salary ranges. The construction industry is one of several facing a workforce shortage in Arizona, so representatives from Rosendin and Adolfson & Peterson Construction (AP) also offered advice for those seeking training and apprenticeships.
2. During the pandemic, MEB Management set up the MEB Cares Team which proactively identified, communicated and guided struggling residents through the various nonprofit networks and government systems to help obtain the resources they needed to keep food on the table, roofs over their heads and remain in good health. MEB Cares Team partnered with more than a dozen nonprofit and local organizations, including the Salvation Army and St. Mary’s Food Bank, but also smaller organizations like Paz de Christo and several local schools.
3. Silent-Aire will be acquired by Johnson Controls International, based in Wisconsin, for as much as $870M. Subject to the companies receiving regulatory approval and completing customary closing conditions, the transaction is expected to close by June 30th.
4. Stevens-Leinweber Construction (SLC) has promoted Erik Powell to Vice President, establishing him as part of the company’s executive leadership team, with continued responsibility for SLC’s rapidly expanding ground-up construction division. SLC hired Powell in 2017 as Director of Construction to establish and launch its ground-up construction arm.
5. NAI Horizon elevated eight brokerage professionals to First Vice President, Vice President and Senior Associate. Promoted to First Vice President were Tom Bean, CCIM; Michael Gaida; Troy Giammarco; Horth Hong; Mike Kumelski; and Andrew Warner. Promoted to Vice President was Joe Pequeno. Promoted to Senior Associate was Logan Crum.
6. Galileo Project, LLC recently promoted Jennifer Lanthier to Project Manager. Lanthier brings exceptional expertise to her new role in multi-agency, multi-stakeholder NEPA and CEQA related energy, transmission, pipeline, and land use planning projects for agencies. In addition to her coordination and management experience, Lanthier has special expertise in assisting with Programmatic Agreements and has been the Galileo Section 106 Lead for multiple projects.
7. Tucson Electric Power (TEP) hired its first female CEO in the company’s 128-year history. Susan M. Gray, who was a student intern at the utility almost 30 years ago, was named CEO of UNS Energy Corporation and its subsidiaries, including TEP and UniSource Energy Services.
8. Chris Kmetty, PE, has joined DOWL as a senior project manager, bringing nearly 25 years of engineering management and business development experience. As a senior project manager for DOWL’s transportation team, Kmetty will lead strategic development efforts and continue to build strong relationships in the Arizona market.
9. Joel Canchola has joined Burns & McDonnell in Arizona to lead and grow the firm’s construction and design-build services across the Southwest. Within his 15-year career in construction management, Joel has led major-capital projects for clients in the commercial, healthcare, manufacturing, residential and transportation sectors.
10. Michaela DeYoung has joined Office Interiors Arizona as Account Manager. In her new role, she will be responsible for developing new customer relationships in the small business sector. DeYoung comes to Office Interiors with 10+ years’ experience to include a diverse background in interior design and business to business sales within the contract furniture industry and construction.
11. Jesse Blum and Alex Demeroutis have joined Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR’s industrial sales and leasing team and Andy Seleznov has rejoined the team specializing in retail real estate transactions.