Awards & Accolades
1. The City of Phoenix Aviation Department announced that it has been recognized in the GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation Program. Phoenix Sky Harbor, Phoenix Deer Valley and Phoenix Goodyear airports have all received this accreditation. The Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation program is an outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation for facilities. It represents a high level of achievement within the cleaning industry, including 20 components that a facility must meet in order to achieve this accreditation.
2. NAI Global earned the No. 4 spot in the 2021 Lipsey Survey of Top 25 Commercial Real Estate Brands. The survey was conducted among 100,000 commercial real estate professionals using a combination of ballot voting, phone interviews and focus groups to identify the top global brands. NAI Horizon is an office of NAI Global.
3. AZRE magazine’s 2021 Real Estate Development (RED) Awards were held virtually on March 11th. The full video with nominees and winners can be found here. The firms that received awards this year include:
- Architecture Firm of the Year: Butler Design Group
- General Contractor of the Year: LGE Design Build
- Developer of the Year: Opus Development Company
4. Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR announced their team members who were honored at the 2021 CoStar Power Broker Awards. They are:
- Top Office Leasing Brokers: Rick Kleiner, Molly Mary Gilbert, Thomas Nieman
- Top Retail Leasing Brokers: Dave Hammack, Greg Furrier, Aaron LaPrise
- Top Industrial Leasing Brokers: Stephen Cohen, Rob Glaser, Paul Hooker, Ron Zimmerman
- Top Sales Brokers: Allan Mendelsberg, Conrad Martinez
- Top Sales & Leasing Firm: Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR
5. Estrella by Newland, a 20,000-acre, mixed-use master-planned community in Goodyear announced that Swaback Architects + Planners is one of four recipients of Newland’s inaugural Robert B. McLeod Partners in Placemaking award.
6. AZ Big Media announced the Top 10 Masonry Contractors in Arizona, based on public voting for the 2021 edition of Ranking Arizona. They are:
- Sun Valley Construction
- Integrated Masonry
- Stone Cold Masonry
- Re-Create Companies
- G&G Enterprises
- Fyffe Masonry
- Denny Clark Masonry & Concrete
- A.G. Construction
- Alta Vista Masonry
- Brothers Masonry
Boards & Commissions
7. On February 19th, the Arizona Builders Alliance (ABA) nominated Steve Grauer of Hensel Phelps as the organization’s 2021 incoming Chairman. In his role, he will facilitate discussions with the board of directors, utilize their direction and support to ensure consensus on industry issues and challenges, and help the organization achieve success in 2021.
8. Sunland Asphalt will merge with Ace Asphalt, to further establish their position as the market-leading asphalt, concrete, and maintenance solutions provider in the Southwest. This transaction provides both companies an unparalleled opportunity to grow their markets, diversify their products and offerings and expand their services to a wide array of public and private customers.
9. Anchor Health Properties recently added Eric Clayton to the team as Director of Construction. He brings more than 18 years of experience managing a wide variety of healthcare and private sector construction projects, including hospitals, medical office buildings, commercial buildings, and academic centers and will be focused on the oversight and execution of tenant improvements, fit-outs, and CapEx projects while managing, directing, and prioritizing operational project budgets and schedules.
10. Evergreen Devco, recently welcomed Senior Development Manager, Jonathan Prystasz back to their Phoenix office. Prystasz returned to Phoenix and Evergreen after serving as a Senior Development Manager in Southern California. He will manage the development lifecycle for multiple retail development projects in the Western US.