1. The Sundt Foundation awarded grants to seven Southern Arizona nonprofits during its current giving round. The Foundation awards grants each quarter to local charities that support disadvantaged children and families. Nonprofits are selected through an application process and reviewed by a committee of Sundt employee-owners.
Awards & Accolades
2. A nationally recognized name in the Commercial Real Estate Industry, Rommie Mojahed, the Director of Retail Leasing & Sales Investments has been named the 2020 Top Producer of the Year at the SVN franchise in Phoenix.
3. Corporate Interior Systems (CIS) is the preferred provider in Arizona of the AeraMax Professional. With a four-stage filtration system, AeraMax Pro blocks, captures and traps airborne particles, including viruses, bacteria and fungi, through its True HEPA filter, removing up to 99.97 percent of contaminated airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns in an environment. CIS has installed this product throughout their entire showroom. They look forward to the opportunity to provide such vital asset to the community and a peace of mind to those returning to the office.
4. The Arizona Commerce Authority is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Since the ACA’s creation in 2011, the agency has successfully won more than 950 competitive projects from companies that have committed to creating just more than 191,000 projected new Arizona jobs and investing $33.8B in AZ – far exceeding agency goals.
5. Valley Metro announces the promotion of Jennifer Pyne to Assistant Director of Capital Development. She will aid Henry Ikwut-Ukwa in overseeing the agency’s corridor planning and construction activities.
6. Brandon Stephens has been with Rosendin for 17 years and recently promoted to Operations Manager overseeing Rosendin’s Nevada, Arizona, and Texas offices. While serving as the Arizona Division Manager for the past seven years, he increased focus on customers and developed the next generation of leaders.
7. Ben Milnar was recently promoted to Division Manager at Rosendin’s Tempe Regional Office, where he will be responsible for overseeing Southwestern Region operations. Milnar recently served as a Project Executive overseeing hundreds of office and field personnel spanning various projects, including high-profile jobs for some of the nation’s largest tech giants.
8. Sundt Construction, Inc. promoted Jacob Nunn and Robert Heaton to Field Engineers in its Tempe office. Both Nunn and Heaton had served as interns for the company. Both employees are currently working on the Royal Oaks Inspirata Point expansion.
9. Henry Ikwut-Ukwa joined Valley Metro as the new Director of Capital Development. Ikwut-Ukwa brings vast educational and career experience in strategic leadership and public transit operations and management. He has achieved many notable accomplishments in his 20-year career, most recently leading the implementation of a $4.8B dollar transit and transportation program as the Director of Transportation for Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
10. Sebrina Beckstrom became Valley Metro’s Chief Auditor at the end of January. Beckstrom came to the agency from the Arizona Department of Economic Security, where she served as Deputy Inspector General-Chief Audit Executive. Beckstrom brings several years of strategic experience with state agencies and is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Certified Inspector General-Audit.
11. GLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc. announced that Lucas Kittelberger has joined the firm’s Phoenix office as a Civil Engineering Designer. Kittelberger is a graduate of New York State College of Environmental Science and Forestry. He brings experience in energy land development as well as commercial development.