Awards and Accolades
1. Hines announced that its award-winning Offices at Chandler Viridian, a six-story, 252.4KSF building at the intersection of Loop 101 and Loop 202 near the Chandler Fashion Center, has recently earned Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® Core and Shell rating system.
2. Raul Hector Castro Port of Entry in Douglas is undergoing an extensive renovation, including inspection booth replacements and a pavement project, which began Monday. The project is scheduled to be completed in May.
3. Trammell Crow Company Phoenix has started the construction of Axis Raintree, a 175KSF Class A speculative office development on the SWC of Raintree Drive and 87th St. Construction of the three-story building and structured parking garage will be completed in Q4 2020. RSP Architects was the design firm, and Willmeng Construction is the project general contractor.
4. Construction began this month on the Scenario 16B Transmission Main Improvements project for the City of Phoenix. The project is expected to be complete in March of 2020. Wilson Engineers was the design firm, and Achen-Gardner Construction is the Construction Manager at Risk.
5. The West Valley suburb of Avondale broke ground last week on the $9.5M Civic Center Police Station Expansion, 11485 Civic Center Dr., adding 14.8KSF of new space. The project is scheduled to be complete in early 2021. Abacus Project Management is the project manager, Architekton is the design firm, and CORE Construction is the general contractor.
6. Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway in Phoenix has opened on Wednesday, December 18, finishing three years early and with $100M in savings through an innovative partnership. It the first freeway in Arizona built using a public-private partnership, or P3, that combines the design, construction and maintenance into a single contract.
7. Abrazo West Campus held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its new 12-room progressive care unit expansion, bringing the hospital’s total capacity to 200 beds.
8. Central Arizona Project canal has recently undergone $6M in repairs. This week, Colorado River water is flowing once again. The inside of the pipe needed recoating to protect against rust, officials said. The last such repairs were made almost a decade ago.
9. The 160-unit garden-style Willow Creek Apartments community, at 3137 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, recently celebrated a ribbon cutting ceremony. The community’s construction was completed by general contractor Copper Tree Construction, LLC.
10. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held for the SKY at Chandler Airpark, a 779KSF property located at 1441 E. Germann Rd in Chandler. CHASSE Building Team served as the general contractor, Whitneybell Perry served as the architect and Foursite served as construction project managers.
11. Salt River Siphon Repair project for Central Arizona Project (CAP) recently opened. Achen-Gardner Construction provided Design-Build services.
12. Skyline Education’s newest facility, Skyline Gila River, located at 255 E. Riggs Rd., Chandler, is now complete. The design build team for Skyline Gila River included architect LGE Design Group, lead designer Mike Russo of LGE Design Group, general contractor LGE Design Build, construction project manager Brian Lewis, civil engineer Hunter Engineering, structural engineer Paul Koehler Structural Engineer, M/P engineer Mechanical Designs, Inc., electrical engineer Woo Engineering, Inc. and landscape architect Laskin and Associates.