Awards & Accolades
1. The International Concrete Repair Institute has announced the winners of its 2021 Project Awards. The Arizona Dam Spillway Repair Project in Phoenix – submitted by Gervasio & Associates, Inc. – earned an Award of Merit in the Longevity category.
2. Build-to-Rent community MODERNE at Rocking K Ranch in the southeast Tucson area of Vail will break ground this month. It will include 224 single-story, single-family homes on 17.1 acres.
3. Developers GID and SunCap Property Group, along with Graycor Construction Company, joined with local dignitaries and project stakeholders to break ground three brand new, fully speculative industrial buildings at Gilbert Spectrum. Buildings 9, 10 and 11 will add 309.5KSF of Class A industrial space to the 64-acre industrial park at McQueen and Elliot roads.
4. Item 9 Labs Corp. announced it has broken ground on the master site expansion of its Coolidge cultivation & lab site. The company has been cultivating, manufacturing, and processing its cannabis brand since 2017 from its existing 19.2KSF facility on five acres. It recently acquired the neighboring 45 acres and anticipates increasing its operations space to more than 640KSF.
5. Litchfield Park announced plans to begin major construction on Litchfield Road to begin the first of three roundabouts planned as part of the Litchfield Square development.
6. A.R. Mays Construction recently announced it has begun construction on Pima Center Commons, a 160.6KSF, $15M three industrial tilt building project in Scottsdale for developer Main Spring Capital Group. Completion is expected in August.
7. After seven years of planning and preparation, St. Benedict’s Catholic Church near 48th Street and Chandler Boulevard broke ground on a major renovation project in November. The upgraded facility is expected to be ready by Christmas 2022.
8. A.R. Mays Construction recently announced it has begun construction on Van Buren Industrial, a 24KSF, $2.75M ground up industrial development in Phoenix for Bibar Properties 1 LLC.
9. A.R. Mays Construction recently announced it has begun construction on The Trails Community Center, a $2M, 3/3KSF community center building with a pool/hot tub, playground, equipment yard and restrooms. The developer is Communities Southwest. Completion is expected in May.
10. Vantage Data Centers announced the topping out of its 32MW data center in Goodyear. When complete, the facility will be the company’s largest location in the U.S. and second largest globally.
11. Paving is underway for the Podium Club track, the first phase of development at the Attesa Motorsports Center and Mixed-Use project in Casa Grande. The 2.25-mile Podium Club project broke ground in July and is planned for a soft opening near the end of the year.
12. Since breaking ground in July, pipes have been laid and lakes, streams and other features are beginning to emerge at the 25-acre Granite Dells Park Complex in Payson.
13. Opwest Partners and Argosy Real Estate Partners will open Senna House Hotel in Scottsdale on December 15th. The ground-up, 169-room, six-story hotel on the site of the former Don & Charlie’s restaurant is part of the Curio Collection by Hilton.
14. The 379-unit, 25-story Adeline Luxury Living apartment development will open to residents in the first week of December. The tower is located in downtown Phoenix across from the Footprint Center.
15. All lanes of the Houghton Road interchange at Interstate 10 are now open, as the Arizona Department of Transportation has completed a new $24.4M diverging diamond interchange.
16. Mesa’s $5.9M Fire Station No. 221 has recently opened to serve future expansion in the Eastmark area.
17. As part of the Village Grove at Verrado development, A.R. Mays Construction has completed three retail shell buildings totaling 35.6KSF. The project also included 4.2 acres of sitework.
18. Landsea Homes Corporation will hold its grand opening with model homes available to tour on December 4th at Sunset Farms in Tolleson. The development consists of 140 single-family homes, with seven different one-and two-story floor plans.