1. Westcore broke ground this month on a 720KSF, three-building industrial campus at 199th Avenue and Fairway Drive, Avondale. Westcore teamed with The Opus Group to serve as its development manager, as well as the design-build general contractor, and expects to complete the campus during the second quarter of next year.
2. It took two sessions to officially break ground for an Exceptional Healthcare facility at the northwest corner of John Wayne Parkway and Honeycutt Avenue. The $20M private facility with a 24-hour emergency department is expected to be complete by late 2021. The prime contractor is BMH Builders of Dallas.
3. America Development & Investment announced that construction has begun on the 51KSF Reunion Rehabilitation Hospital Phoenix. Located in the Central/Downtown Phoenix area, the hospital will be an inpatient rehabilitation facility that cares for people with debilitating illnesses and injuries such as stroke and brain injury, as well as other complex neurological and orthopedic conditions. Callaway Architecture is the design firm and Adolfson and Peterson is the general contractor. The project is slated to open in late Q3 2021.
4. Nikola Corporation is still on track to complete its Coolidge facility by the end of 2021. Site preparations began in August and last month, the company began awarding building subcontracts. By the end of November, Nikola expects the site work will include utilities and foundation prep, with construction beginning in December.
5. Despite a “stop work immediately” letter January 8th, and a later dispute between an inspector and Amazon, problems were smoothed over for construction to resume on Amazon’s 800KSF robotics facility. The project at Yuma Road and South Bullard Avenue is on track for an expected completion next month.
6. Taylor Morrison Home debuted its newest master-planned community, Legado, with the model opening of Legado Landmark Collection on Saturday, November 7th. Legado Landmark Collection offers six floor plans, with one- and two-story home designs ranging from 1.9KSF-3.5KSF with three to six bedrooms, two to four baths and finished three-car garages.
7. Banner Ironwood Medical Center, 37000 N. Gantzel Road, Queen Creek, has unveiled its newly constructed fourth and fifth floors. The $23M investment added 36 more beds to the current 53 licensed patient beds Banner Ironwood Medical Center already has, giving the hospital a total of 89 inpatient beds. SmithGroup was the architect and Haydon Building Corp was the general contractor.
8. EōS Fitness officially opened its newest location at 2150 E. Cactus Road in Phoenix. The new North Central Phoenix location boasts 37KSF of fitness space and features EōS Fitness signature amenities.