1. FCL Builders Phoenix office recently broke ground on a new FedEx Ground distribution facility in Prescott. The 217.3KSF facility will handle packages for Fed Ex Ground operations in central Arizona and replace an older facility in Prescott. The project is located in the Prescott Regional Airport Industrial area.
2. The Arizona Humane Society, along with construction partner Ryan Companies US, Inc. and architectural partner Animal Arts, held a groundbreaking ceremony November 4th for the Arizona Humane Society’s Rob and Melani Walton Papago Park Campus. The 72KSF facility will feature the state-of-the-art Watts Family Medical Complex and a resource and adoption facility, anchored by the Lazin Animal Foundation Trauma Hospital. The campus is scheduled to open in early 2023.
3. RED Development this week joined Banner Health for a groundbreaking to mark the start of construction on a new 70KSF single tenant medical building at its highly anticipated mixed-use development, The Grove, at 4200 E. Camelback Road. The site will be home to the state’s second Banner Health Center Plus.
4. A.R. Mays Construction recently started construction on the Falcon Storage Condos in Chandler to provide storage solutions for motor coaches, RVs or classic cars in a climate controlled environment. The $12.5M project includes 10 pre-engineered metal buildings for a total of 133 units, a clubhouse and site work.
5. Work began this week on the Arizona Department of Transportation’s $6.1M bridge replacement project over the San Pedro River at Business 10 and 4th Street in Benson.
6. A.R. Mays Construction began construction on the Madera Community Center for a new housing community in Queen Creek. The project consists of a 4.6-acre site that will include a pool, spa, restrooms, six ramadas, park area with picnic tables and BBQs, playground equipment, bocce and pickleball courts.
7. A.R. Mays Construction started work on a Desert Mountain Storage and Laundry, a ground up, 8.5KSF masonry/steel building in Scottsdale with interior coolers for bulk storage, distribution, and a laundry area in the back of the house with commercial dryers.
8. A.R. Mays Construction has begun work on a 31.3KSF sales office for RV Renovators and Germaine Marine, along with 10 acres of site work repair area and storage.
9. Construction progress is steady at the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. site in north Phoenix. Concrete was poured in July and the project is on schedule to install tools in 2022. Phase I of the project includes a central utility plant, fabrication and support buildings, office space and a water resource center, as well as support buildings and other development.
10. Vertical construction began in October at the Estrella Gin Business Park in Maricopa. The City of Maricopa will be among the first lessees of the initial 45KSF of flex office space. Other tenants will include the Maricopa Chamber of Commerce and the Maricopa Economic Development Alliance. The space is expected to be ready by July.
11. Stantec, working with general contractor Kiewit and International Chimney Corporation, facilitated the move of Paul Coze’s three-panel, 75-foot-wide mural, “The Phoenix,” which had welcomed travelers to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport’s Terminal 2 for almost 60 years. Visitors can now see the mural as they leave the rental counters and exit the lobby to pick up their vehicles. The artwork relocation is part of the larger Terminal 2 demolition and new aircraft parking apron project.
12. The Arizona Department of Transportation has completed work ahead of schedule on the Interstate 10 to Ruthrauff Road/El Camino del Cerro Traffic Interchange in northwest Tucson. ADOT began the $129M project in January 2020.
13. Exceptional Healthcare has announced the 20KSF first phase of the Exceptional Community Hospital in Maricopa will open in December. Phase I features include inpatient and outpatient beds, a digital imaging suite and lab space.
14. Ware Malcomb and Toyota Financial Services have announced completion of the 56KSF Toyota Financial Services Experience Center West in Allred Park Place in Chandler.
15. A 40KSF former Sports Authority in MetroCenter is now an Adelante Healthcare clinic following a $4M renovation project. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held November 2nd.