1. Ottawa University Arizona recently broke ground on a competitive athletic field for football and soccer in Surprise. The 97KSF athletic field is being built to NAIA/NCAA standards and to host national competitions. The field, temporary locker rooms and storage space is expected to be complete this fall. Permanent seating for 1,200 spectators at the athletic field will be finished in 2018. Partners include: Rummel Construction, Dibble Engineering, Custom Complex Structures, Cawley Architects and Lancer Hospitality.
2. VanTrust Real Estate recently held a groundbreaking ceremony for Chandler Corporate Center, a 114KSF Class A office project, at 350 N. McClintock Dr. in Chandler. It is being built by Layton Construction Company and was designed by Butler Design Group.
3. Construction for electrical, water and sewer lines at Piestewa Peak began in August and is scheduled for completion Nov. 30. Construction is part of the first phase of a five-year improvement plan for the Phoenix Mountain Preserve.
4. Housing Trust Group selected Mark-Taylor to handle lease-up and property management of Aviva – Mesa. The $63M luxury community will welcome its first residents in January 2018.
5. Phoenix Raceway and Okland Construction held an Oct. 18 topping out ceremony to celebrate the installation of the highest piece of steel as part of the $178M Phoenix Raceway Project Powered by DC Solar.
6. Crescent Highland, the newly-sought after multifamily community managed by Alliance Residential Company, held an Oct. 19 grand opening for the 349-lifestyle apartment home community.
7. Phoenix Indian School Visitors Center opened Oct. 14 in Phoenix Steele Indian School Park. The center features a gallery, conference room, board room, classroom and commercial kitchen.
8. Gadsden Elementary School District in Yuma recently celebrated the opening of the Luis Marquez Administrative Building. Marquez has served on the district governing board for 26 years, 20 as president. The building was named for him to honor his service.
9. North American Development Group and the team at AZarchitecture/Jarson & Jarson Real Estate, along with Architect Will Bruder, have announced the completion of Eldorado on 1st, seven adjacent city homes located at 6901 East 1st Street in Scottsdale.