1. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently started expanding the campus of Royal Oaks, a Sun City retirement community. Sundt will help shape Royal Oaks’ newest neighborhood, Inspirata Pointe, by adding four new independent living buildings and new pavilions to the westside neighborhood. On the eastern edge of the campus, Sundt will return to the Friendship House to expand the space and build two new therapy buildings for rehabilitation and wellness services.
2. Mountain Pacific Opportunity Partners, in partnership with Banyan Residential, announced the closing and commencement of vertical construction for the $50M Banyan Washington, a 223-unit multifamily development at 5321 E. Washington Street, Phoenix. The project broke ground in August 2020 and is slated for completion in April 2022. CCBG Architects were the design firm and haridson/downey is the general contractor.
3. A “boutique-type” Hampton Inn is set to be finished this time next year at the NEC of Easy Street and Carefree Drive, Carefree. Construction started in late spring, and the final pour on the foundation was laid last week. Vertical elements will start being constructed in the next month.
4. A 127KSF Fry’s Marketplace at Williams Field and Recker Roads in Gilbert will open on November 4th. The store will also include a pharmacy, apparel and warehouse departments and gas station.
5. After years in planning, the $60M first phase of Rocking K master planned community is on schedule for an early 2021 opening according to developer, Diamond Ventures. Pulte, Lennar and KB Home were the first to close on 558 lots, a mixture of 40’ thru 60’ by 125’ and 130’ lots for an aggregate sale price of $37.4M last year. The park construction is also underway and will include ballfields and a splash pad among other things.
6. The new $13.9M Fourth Street Bridge passing over Interstate 40 in Flagstaff is now complete. The Arizona Department of Transportation used an innovative accelerated bridge construction method known as the bridge slide to construct the new bridge and complete the project in just over six months.
7. City officials and Abrazo Health leaders held a ribbon cutting ceremony to dedicate the new 32KSF Abrazo Surprise Hospital, located at 16815 W. Bell Road, Surprise, which opened Monday, October 12th.
8. The Arizona Department of Transportation has completed the replacement of guardrail along more than 11 miles of SR 87 northbound after it was damaged in the Bush Fire this summer. ADOT secured federal emergency relief funds to cover the $2M cost of repaired guardrail and the right-of-way fence.