1. PVB Fabrications, Inc. (PVB) broke ground last week to prepare for its headquarters expansion at 11871 N. Breakers Road Marana. Initially, the new facilities will include a 15.4KSF administrative office building plus a separate 35KSF fabrication/production facility. A future phase of construction will include a second 35KSF fabrication/production facility providing 70KSF of fabrication/production space. Phase one of the new headquarters is scheduled to be complete by October 2021. Partners include the Arizona Commerce Authority, the Town of Marana, the Pima Community College and the Small Business Development Center, PICOR, Randel Jacob Design Group, PLLC, Stewart Title, Eric Nadler, Esq. and Arizona First Properties.
2. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) along with the Town of Gilbert broke ground Monday on a new traffic interchange at Lindsay Road and the Loop 202 Santan freeway. The $22M interchange is expected to be completed in early 2022.
3. Demolition is underway on the old Glen Lakes Golf Course, which is slated for a new 173-unit housing development, north of Northern Ave between 55th and 53rd Avenues in Glendale. According to the developer, Homes by Towne, new homes are scheduled to go up this year.
4. Two large-scale projects totaling about 1.4MSF have begun construction at PV|303 in Goodyear and one project is almost complete. Developer Westcore is working with Merit Partners to build a 720KSF logistics center for a third-party client, and Merit is developing and breaking ground on a speculative 547KSF facility for First Industrial Realty Trust. In addition, First Industrial Realty Trust, with Merit Partners, is finalizing a 643.8KSF facility for mattress company MLILY scheduled to occupy this month.
5. The new San Tan Valley Complex at 31505 N. Schnepf Road is expected to be completed by the end of February and will include a public library as well as sheriff, recorder, assessor, treasurer, development services, adult and juvenile probation, and other offices. Finished at about the same time or sooner will be the new two-story Development Services building in Florence.
6. Construction of Chandler Corporate Center Phase II has been completed by developer VanTrust Real Estate. The two-story, 117.4KSF Class A office building at 4100 W. Chandler Boulevard is part of a three-phase campus called One Chandler Corporate Center. Colliers International in Arizona is handling the leasing for the new building.
7. LGE Design Build recently completed construction on the 11.1KSF Estrella Women’s Health Center in Goodyear. Roughly three times the size of Estrella’s other location, the extra space will enable the office to expand to three nurse practitioners and four midwives and accommodate 17 hourly staff members.