Awards & Accolades
1. ENR Southwest published its 2021 Best Projects Award winners. The Arizona projects that received an award are:
- SRP Project Administration Building (PAB) Betterment Projects, Tempe: Excellence in Safety, Award of Merit & Renovation/Restoration, Award of Merit
- Tres Rios Water Reclamation Facility Nutrient Recovery Project, Tucson: Excellence in Sustainability, Award of Merit
- PHX Sky Train Stage 2 MSF, Phoenix: Airport/Transit, Best Project
- Prescott Regional Airport Passenger Terminal: Airport/Transit, Award of Merit
- Sahuarita Regional Library: Cultural/Worship, Best Project
- Valleywise Health Medical Center Central Utility Plant and Site Upgrades, Phoenix: Energy/Industrial, Award of Merit
- Police Property and Evidence Room Expansion, Avondale: Government/Public Building, Award of Merit
- HonorHealth Bob Bové Neuroscience Institute, Scottsdale: Healthcare, Award of Merit
- 850 PBC, Phoenix: Higher Education/Research, Best Project
- Arizona State University Health Futures Center (HFC), Phoenix: Higher Education/Research, Award of Merit
- New Ajo Way Interchange Improves Safety, Traffic Flow and Livability, Tucson: Highway/Bridge, Best Project
- Cherokee Elementary School Rebuild and Remodel, Paradise Valley: K-12 Education, Best Project
- USS Arizona Memorial Gardens at Salt River, Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community: Landscape/Urban Development, Best Project
- Paloma Community Park, Phase 1, Peoria: Landscape/Urban Development, Award of Merit
- Mark Anthony Brewing, Goodyear: Manufacturing, Best Project
- Timothy J. Meenk Training Center for Sunstate Equipment Co., Phoenix: Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Best Project
- Greenfield Water Reclamation Plant – Phase III Expansion, Gilbert: Water/Environment, Best Project
2. Yuma Regional Medical Center and MedCraft Healthcare Real Estate have officially broken ground on YRMC’s new Foothills Health Campus. The 57.8KSF facility will feature an Emergency Department, primary care, urgent care, retail pharmacy, laboratory, imaging and select medical and surgical specialty services. Orcutt | Winslow is the design firm and Haydon Building Corp is the general contractor. The campus is projected to be completed in the fall of 2022.
3. Groundbreaking has been scheduled for September 15th for the highly anticipated Litchfield Square development, formerly known as “City Center.” The $52M project, which will be built in five construction phases on the east side of Litchfield Road north of Wigwam Boulevard, will include 400KSF of multilevel buildings containing shops, restaurants, offices and residential spaces surrounding a 2.5-acre park. The city expects the project to be completed by 2028. EPS Group, Inc. is the design firm for the infrastructure improvements and Achen-Gardner Construction is the general contractor for that portion.
4. A groundbreaking ceremony recently took place for the construction of a new 1.5KSF science lab for the Arizona Western College San Luis Learning Center. The 600K+ building is expected to be completed by fall 2022.
5. 55 Resort Residences broke ground on August 26th. 55 Resort is a new Senior Independent Living project in Scottsdale. The project is being developed by Edison Equity, designed by Synectic Design and constructed by W.E. O’Neil. Future residents will be able to enjoy resort style amenities that include high-end fitness facility, bistro, private dining & bar areas.
6. Ascent at The Phoenician® has selected luxury fittings brand Waterworks to provide kitchen, bathroom, butler pantry and laundry room finishes at its new mountainside condominium residences building. The project, currently being developed by Replay Destinations, will provide 195 new luxury residences and is expected to open in Spring 2021. Nelsen Partners is the design firm and PWI Construction is the general contractor.
7. Thompson Thrift recently completed construction of the $4.3M, 23.3KSF Sprouts Farmers Market at 20300 N John Wayne Pkwy, Maricopa. The project was part of Sonoran Creek Marketplace, an 85.5KSF retail center that will include the construction of additional retail buildings and 20 acres of site work. SPS+ Architects designed the shell and Fitch designed the Sprouts. A.R. Mays was the general contractor.
8. KB Home announced the grand opening of Marbella Park, a new community of single-family homes on the corner of Dysart Road and East Whyman Avenue, south of Interstate 10. The new homes showcase spacious kitchens overlooking large great rooms and expansive bedroom suites with walk-in closets. The community’s floor plans feature up to five bedrooms and two-and-a-half baths, and range in size from approximately 1.5KSF-2.3KSF.
9. KB Home announced the grand opening of Mountain Enclave, a new community of affordably priced, single-family homes just south of East Prince Road and west of North Mountain Avenue. The new community will provide residents with a live/work/play lifestyle because of its proximity to downtown Tucson, the area’s major employment centers, parks, Mountain Avenue Bikeway and “The Loop” walking and biking trail as well as popular shopping, dining and entertainment.