Awards & Accolades
1. Achen-Gardner Construction’s Primus Line installation project for the City of Peoria has won a 2018 Engineering Excellence Grand Award from the American Council of Engineering Companies of Arizona.
2. Optima Kierland Center announced they have broken ground on the second phase of condominium homes for sale at the development. Completion is expected in 2020. The newest building will feature 202 homes across 12 stories plus an exclusive rooftop Skydeck amenity space with pools, spa and running track.
3. Evergreen Devco, Inc. announced it has broken ground for the development of a 258-unit luxury apartment community at Southern Avenue and 34th Street in Phoenix. The 10.88-acre project will be called Parc at South Mountain.
4. Developers, city officials, chamber and community members gathered Tuesday morning to celebrate the groundbreaking of the future Home2 Suites by Hilton in Yuma. The 114-room extended stay hotel will be built at the NEC of 1st Street and Madison Avenue.
5. Starting Sept. 4, Yuma crews will begin to fit nearly 7,500 streetlights with LED lighting. Once residential neighborhood retrofits are complete – likely in early to mid-November – crews will move on to conversions along the city’s major roadways.
6. The Milwaukee Brewers and Mortenson hosted a Topping Out ceremony to commemorate the last beam put in place on the top of Maryvale Baseball Park, the spring training home of the Milwaukee Brewers. The final beam was signed by representatives of the Brewers, City of Phoenix, Mortenson, and HKS.
7. A.R. Mays Construction recently announced two completions. The first is a 31.7KSF, $2.8M Sprouts Farmers Market on North 7th Street in Phoenix. The second, at 10KSF and valued at $2.2M, is the largest Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria in Arizona, located on North Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale.
8. Canyon View High School, opened this month, was designed by DLR Group and built by Chasse Building Team. Chasse Building Team utilized the LEAN construction process on the project, incorporating cutting-edge, energy-saving techniques.
9. The Scott Resort & Spa, a Mission-inspired, 204-room Scottsdale resort, will complete the second phase of its $15M renovation in September. The design, by avroKO, draws from four central pillars: colors and comforts of 1930s Havana; geometry of the Bauhaus; Mission Revival architecture; and the beauty of the Arizona desert.