1. Builderz Warehouse has broken ground on a new $5M, 40KSF facility at 3156 E. Roeser Road, Phoenix, that will more than quadruple the size of the company’s current facility. Sun State Builders is both the architect and general contractor. The project broke ground on July 1st and is scheduled to be complete in February 2021.
2. CP Technologies broke ground on its new 50KSF headquarters and manufacturing facility near SR 89 and Deepwell Ranch/Crystal Lane in Prescott on June 24th. It is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2021.
3. Greenlight Communities announced they, in partnership with Holualoa Companies, have broken ground on Cabana on Power, a 244-unit multifamily community at 6151 S. Power Road, Mesa, and construction of the rental community will begin soon. The land was acquired last October, and construction is set for completion in the summer of 2021.
4. The City of Maricopa has started construction of a crossing over the Santa Cruz Wash on Bowlin Road next to Rancho Mirage Estates. Using money from the Highway Users Revenue Fund (HURF), the capital-improvement project is part of a plan to improve Bowlin Road to White and Parker Road.
5. Stream Data Centers announced it has nearly completed the Phoenix I Data Center in Goodyear and that it is now part of the growing Cox Business fiber network. With the first of five buildings on the new Goodyear Campus going live in August 2020, Stream is developing the area’s largest multi-tenant campus in the West Valley at 157 acres.
6. Achen-Gardner Construction completed construction of a concrete storm drain junction structure for the Roadway Improvements Related to the Ritz-Carlton in Paradise Valley, and are now finishing the median curb on the north side of Lincoln Drive Construction is expected to be complete in August 2021.
7. Construction is moving forward for the new Papago Plaza, a planned urban mixed-use lifestyle community at the SWC of Scottsdale and McDowell Roads. Final grading is being done on site for the installation of electrical lines, water pipes and sewer lines. Pivot Development is the developer and the architect is Nelsen Partners. Orion Investment Real Estate is handling the retail leasing.
8. Reliance Management’s $20M renovation of the former Lockheed Martin campus, now known as Flite Goodyear, is about 80 percent complete. The site totals 20 buildings, with 197KSF of office space and 705KSF of industrial.
9. Ambiente: A Landscape Hotel is currently slated to open its doors to the public early 2021, and Sedona developer Two Sister Bosses revealed a first glance into the design elements, furnishings and amenities.
10. Costco is opening on the SWC of Sarival Avenue and Waddell Road in September. The new location will have a gas station, tire center, bakery, pharmacy, outdoor food court, photo center, optical center and hearing aid center.
11. The Human Bean coffee company is expanding its footprint in Arizona. Local franchisee Brian Sherrill has two stores under construction. The Human Bean at Scottsdale Road and Hancock in Tempe will open in July. An additional store in Tucson at 22nd and Wilmott will open July 14th.
12. A huge two-story addition to the north side of the old Kmart at City Square Shopping Center in Bullhead City is coming to life. Construction crews have been hard at work for the last several weeks erecting the new addition, which will be part of a new climate-controlled storage facility. No timeline for completion has been provided.
13. Adolfson & Peterson Construction, in partnership with Deutsch Architecture Group, recently completed an 11.6KSF renovation and 5.2KSF addition for Canyon State Veterinary Specialties. With pet care at the forefront of design, the project includes a dedicated emergency room entrance, preventative care entrance, in-house laboratory suite, dentistry treatment, endoscopy and radiology. Twelve exam rooms, office space and a dedicated grieving space round out this multi-doctor facility.
14. Arizona Department of Transportation has expanded its use of technology that screens moving trucks for weight and identifying information. This system, used until now at select rest areas including McGuireville on Interstate 17, Sacaton on Interstate 10 and Canoa Ranch on Interstate 19, is now operating at ADOT’s commercial ports of entry along I-10, I-40 and State Route 95 in Parker.
15. A newly opened Toyota parts distribution center in Phoenix has hired 61 workers and will service dealers across the Southwest. The 136KSF Phoenix facility was leased at 6200 W. Van Buren Street, Suite 110, and has been in the works for two years. Toyota said work on the $10M facility began nine months ago.
16. The Best Western Plus Surprise-Phoenix NW Hotel, 13337 W. Grand Avenue, has completed a $2M renovation for its 86 rooms and 12 suites.