Awards & Accolades
1. Grange Park, the central amenity at the heart of Harvest Queen Creek, was honored with an Award of Merit for Best Community Amenity at the PCBC 2021 Gold Nugget Awards. Developed by TerraWest Communities in partnership with Brookfield Residential, Harvest was designed to embrace the agrarian heritage of Queen Creek, as well as to appeal to the renewed interest in agriculture and urban farming. RVi provided Planning and Landscape Architecture services for Harvest Queen Creek.
2. W.M. Grace Companies recently started construction on the Village Grove at Verrado – Shops A, B and Ace Hardware at the NWC Jackrabbit Trail & Indian School Road, Buckeye. The $4.3M project consists of the construction of three retail shell buildings, totaling 35.6KSF, including a build-out of an Ace Hardware. The project also includes 4.2 acres of sitework. PHNX Design is the architect and A.R. Mays Construction is the general contractor. The project is expected to be completed in November.
3. Avolta and its regional development partner, Atlas Global Holdings, LLC, broke ground on a RNG project at the Butterfield Dairy in Buckeye on June 29th. A second RNG project is slated to open at Milky Way Dairy in the City of Maricopa. Collectively, Butterfield and Milky Way dairies care for more than 50,000 cows and the projects will generate over 675,000 MMBtu of RNG annually which will ultimately be distributed as renewable transportation fuel. The Butterfield and Milky Way projects are scheduled to begin delivering gas into a Southwest Gas Pipeline at the end of the fourth quarter 2021 and first quarter 2022, respectively.
4. Legacy Sports USA announced a new partnership with the Arizona Cactus Football League, agreeing to host all of its football games for the 2022 season at Legacy Sports Park, the 320-acre, multi-use family sports and entertainment complex currently under construction. The project is set to open in January of 2022. Icon Architectural Group is the design firm and Haydon Building Corp and Okland Construction are the general contractors.
5. On June 28th Valley Metro streetcar vehicles began to make their way across Tempe as testing began. Over the next weeks and months, residents can expect to see vehicles out on the alignment completing a variety of systems, signals and safety tests. Testing the new system includes checking the vehicle clearance at stations, as well as integration with the traffic signals and the overhead electrification system. Stantec is the design firm on the project and Stacy and Witbeck, Inc. is the general contractor.
6. Soil testing has begun at the new Maricopa High School site at North Murphy and West Farrell Roads. Progress on the school’s infrastructure includes locating the corners of the buildings to outline areas to be excavated so the soil can be compacted prior to digging the foundation. Orcutt | Winslow is the design firm and Chasse Building Team is the general contractor.
7. Construction on several projects in Surprise are expected to be completed this Fall. They include:
- The $9M Public Safety Evidence and Readiness Center at 13433 W. Foxfire Drive. Arrington Watkins Architects is the design firm and Gilbane Building Company is the general contractor.
- The $1.9M Police Training Facility in the same location as the Public Readiness Center.
- The new Fire Station 308 at Litchfield and Cactus roads (currently 60 percent complete). Perlman Architects is the design firm and Willmeng Construction is the general contractor.
- The Greenway Road project, which is widening Greenway from Cotton Lane to Sarival Avenue near Loop 303. WSP USA is the design firm and DCS Contracting is the general contractor.
8. The City of Goodyear will open the new $67.4M, 40-acre Recreation Campus on July 3rd. The campus, located at 420 S. Estrella Parkway, includes a 48KSF recreation center, 30-acre park, and an aquatics area. Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc. was the design firm and Hunter Contracting was the general contractor.
9. The 21KSF multipurpose entertainment venue, 810 Billiards & Bowling, located at 3455 W. Frye Road in Chandler is now open. Construction started the first week of November and was recently completed, three months after the original opening timeframe in March.