1. RED Development announced that construction is underway on the $300M development of The Grove, the highly anticipated mixed-use destination on the NWC of 44th Street and Camelback Road that features the recently announced hotel, The Global Ambassador, by Sam Fox. The 15-acre development also features a signature four-story Class-AA office building, several ground-floor retail spaces and restaurants; two additional two-story office buildings; a self-storage facility by Hibernia Capital; a covered parking structure; and a luxury apartment building by StreetLights Residential. Completion of the first phase is expected in the latter half of 2022 with final completion and the hotel’s opening slated for fall 2023.
2. Stevens-Leinweber Construction has broken ground on a build-to-suit headquarters expansion for Savage Universal. The 45.1KSF expansion will sit directly adjacent to Savage’s existing headquarters, a 61.9KSF office/industrial flex building located at 2060 S. Douglas Dr. in Chandler. The project is scheduled for completion by January 2022 and the architect is Winton Architects.
3. On June 1st, Roche broke ground on a 60KSF facility, directly next to its current facility of the same size. The facility is located near the Gladden Farms community in Marana and operated by Roche Tissue Diagnostics, formerly Ventana Medical Systems. It is expected to complete construction in mid-2022.
4. Gilbert Municipal Building I, or Gilbert Town Hall, located at 50 E. Civic Center Drive, closed Monday for $17.85M in renovations, and will reopen next summer. The upgrades will add about 1.7KSF — and 50 new workstations — to the 50KSF building. Gensler is the design firm and Willmeng Construction is the general contractor.
5. UEI College is finishing the installation and staffing for its 30KSF campus facility at 1420 W. Southern Avenue, Mesa. Construction is expected to be completed in July. The facility is expected to become operational on July 28th, pending final regulatory and accreditor approval. The general contractor for the UEI college facility is Details CC.
6. The LaQuinta Inn & Suites at Copper Sky is essentially complete, with only punch-list items remaining. With work on the hotel’s 89 guest rooms finished, opening is tentatively scheduled for early July. Andy Bhakta is the developer, Suina Design + Architecture is the design firm and Adanac Builders is the general contractor.
7. Graycor Construction Company has completed a near 57KSF Chandler campus expansion for Rinchem. The addition increases Rinchem’s local footprint by more than two-thirds, bringing its Chandler campus to more than 127KSF. The architect for the expansion was Butler Design Group.
8. Continental Properties announced the opening of Springs at Deer Valley, a 296-unit luxury gated apartment community located at 24025 N. 23rd Avenue, Phoenix. The project features townhome-style studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom homes with private, ground-level entrances. Phillips | architects + engineers was the design firm and McShane Construction Company was the general contractor.
9. JLB Residential announced the opening of Roadrunner on McDowell, a 356-unit apartment complex at 6601 E. McDowell Road, Scottsdale. Apartments are complete with quartz countertops, custom wood cabinetry, hardwood floors, oversized soaking tubs, walk-in closets and more. Hensley Lamkin Rachel, Inc. was the design firm and JLB Partners was the general contractor.