Awards & Accolades
1. The Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) announced that Stage 2 of Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport Sky Train (PHX Sky Train®) is the recent recipient of an Envision Gold Award for sustainability. This is the airport’s first Envision award and the third Envision-awarded project in the State of Arizona. Stage 2 is expected to be complete and fully operational in 2022.
2. The Bureau of Land Management broke ground this week on construction of the Baldy Mountain shooting sports site in the Lake Pleasant area. Baldy Mountain is one of five sites currently planned within the boundaries of the BLM Phoenix District. Construction is expected to take around six months. Once completed, the site will be the first to open for public use.
3. While the Valley’s tourism industry has been hampered severely by the COVID-19 pandemic, construction is still ongoing at the new Ritz-Carlton, Paradise Valley resort. Five Star Development is on target to complete construction of the 215-room hotel during fourth-quarter 2020.
4. The new bridge that will be part of the first full diverging diamond interchange along an Arizona freeway continues to take shape at Interstate 17 and Happy Valley Road in north Phoenix. The work is part of a $50M ADOT project to reconstruct the I-17 interchanges at both Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads. Construction began in November 2018 and is scheduled for completion in fall 2020.
5. The 12.3KSF Hawkins Design Group office/warehouse at 1140 W. Harwell Road, Gilbert, was recently completed. It was designed by Cawley Architects and constructed by Kennedy Design Build. The $3M project was a mixed-use project with 6KSF of business office operations as the primary occupancy along with a 6.3KSF large warehouse area.
6. Copper Falls, a new $45M, 240-unit garden-style apartment community developed and managed by P.B. Bell, recently opened the first phase of their luxury apartments at 5151 N. 95th Avenue, Glendale, near Westgate.