1. The joint venture of Metro Commercial Properties and Principal Real Estate Investors announced the commencement of development for five new light industrial properties totaling 406.6KSF to be added to the fully-occupied Metro East Valley Commerce Center at US 60 and Mesa Drive in Mesa. The five new buildings, which range from 58KSf to 112KSF, are designed by McCall & Associates Architects and will be constructed by Graycor Construction, with completion scheduled in late Q4 of 2021.
2. Neighborhood Outreach Access to Health (NOAH) Desert Mission Health Center’s current facility is a 6.6KSF renovated former church in the Sunnyslope community. A new facility, designed by local architect firm Orcutt Winslow and built by Kitchell, will be more than 23KSF when it opens in late 2021, increasing annual patient capacity from 4,000 to 20,000.
3. Greenlight Communities, in partnership with American Realty Advisors, will start construction this month on Cabana Bullard, a 336-unit multifamily development at Bullard Avenue and Van Buren Street, Goodyear. WORKSBUREAU is the architect and Greenlight Communities is the general contractor.
4. Fillmore on First, ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus’s new, 16-story, 283KSF residential community will be opening in time for the Fall 2021 semester. Studio MA Inc. is the architect and DPR Construction is the general contractor.
5. A new groundwater well at Fort Tuthill County Park is near completion and will soon be coming online to support water needs within the City of Flagstaff. The well is the second the city has drilled at Fort Tuthill, work that began on February 22nd. It is the first of five new wells planned in order to provide additional water supply.
6. The W Scottsdale, owned by Stockdale Capital Partners, has undergone a $3M remodel that included a complete gutting of the second-floor entertainment areas surrounding the pool. Sigma Contracting, Inc. performed the work, which involved the creation and expansion of entertainment areas surrounding the rooftop pool, including new bars and specialty seating areas. Cawley Architects was the design firm.
7. The team of Concord General Contracting, Emc2 Architects, and H2 Group, as well as Lake Havasu Unified School District, celebrated the new Lake Havasu High School Sports Complex, along with renovations to the administration center and field updates at Thunderbolt Middle School, with a ribbon cutting on Tuesday, April 6th. The Lake Havasu High School upgrades and renovations consisted of the baseball and softball fields, including the grandstands, press box, dugouts, and field lighting. A new concession area was added along with new restrooms, batting cages, fencing, parking lot, and a new one-story addition to the current administration facility. The renovations to the Thunderbolt Middle School included the existing offices and entry to create a secure lobby. The current baseball and football fields were newly sodded/turfed, and replaced the existing asphalt track.
8. Construction has completed at 999 Playa del Norte, a six-story, 94KSF, $45M speculative office building developed by Irgens. The project is located on the north side of Tempe Town Lake near ASU. WORKSBUREAU was the architect and A.R. Mays Construction was the general contractor.
9. NewQuest Properties recently completed a $10M makeover on 99 Ranch Market, a 117KSF retail center on the NEC of Chandler Boulevard and Dobson Road.