1. Banner Health has broken ground on the $243M, 351KSF Banner Gateway Medical Center Tower and Emergency Department at 1900 N. Higley Road, Gilbert, which will double the size of the campus. SmithGroup is the architect on the project and McCarthy Building Companies is the general contractor. The tower expansion is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2023, while campus renovation work and parking lot additions are set for a 2024 completion date.
2. Local developer Ben Day has broken ground on the Daybreak Distribution Center, a 76.2KSF speculative industrial building on Valencia Road and Tucson Boulevard. He hopes to have the shell completed and a certificate of occupancy by the end of October.
3. Construction is underway on the new 84KSF Shambaugh & Sons fabrication facility. Progressive Pipe Fabricators, a division of Shambaugh, will fabricate and deliver over 20,000 individual sprinkler pipe per week. The building will be located on Historic Route 66 in Kingman. The new building is expected to be completed in Fall 2021.
4. The Arizona Department of Transportation is working to improve the area of State Route 77 (Oracle Road) at the junction of Interstate10/Miracle Mile to Calle Concordia. This project, which is a combination of three separate projects, will span SR 77 (Oracle Road) between the junction of I-10/ Miracle Mile to River Road, and from River Road to Calle Concordia in the town of Oro Valley. Construction will begin in early April and will last approximately two years. Initial construction will begin on the south end of the project on Miracle Mile near I-10.
5. Adolfson & Peterson Construction recently topped out the superstructure of Reunion Rehabilitation Hospital Phoenix, officially reaching the construction midpoint. The three-story, 51KSF hospital is located at 1675 E. Villa Street in Phoenix and will include 48 private patient rooms, two therapy gyms with leading-edge technology and outdoor therapy areas, and other unique amenities. American Development and Investment (ADI) is the developer, Callaway Architecture serves as the designer and the project is planned to be completed in late Q3 2021.
6. P.B. Bell has opened Grayson Place, a $55M, 296-unit apartment property located at 1499 N. 159th Avenue in Goodyear. Community amenities include a heated pool and spa; resident clubhouse with multiple lounge areas; outdoor entertainment spaces with grilling stations; a 24-hour fitness center; resident cinema room; business center; dog park; and pet spa. Todd & Associates Architecture was the design firm and MT Builders was the general contractor.