1. Adolfson & Peterson Construction (AP), a top national construction management firm and general contractor, and The Leona Group, an education service provider and school manager, will break ground on Ridgeview College Preparatory High School in San Tan Valley, Arizona, on March 5th at 10:00 am. Once complete, the 37KSF campus will feature a regulation-sized gymnasium, science labs, technology-rich classrooms, and indoor/outdoor learning spaces that provide students with comfortable, flexible and student-focused environments. Designed by Carhuff & Cueva Architects, Ridgeview College Prep is currently enrolling grades nine through 11 for the 2021-2022 school year, and 12th grade enrollment will begin in 2022.
2. Jackson Dearborn Partners announced the formal groundbreaking of Solace at Ballpark Village, a 211-unit multi-family development in Goodyear. The three-story project is being developed in partnership with Sub4 Development and is expected to be completed in August 2022.
3. Exceptional Healthcare is breaking ground on its new $18M community hospital in Yuma this month. A socially distanced, outdoor groundbreaking event will take place on Friday, March 12th at the Yuma site. The 20KSF Phase 1 of the facility will be located in the heart of the community just off Interstate 8. The project is anticipated to be completed in Spring 2022.
4. Caylor Design and Construction has broken ground on the new GracePointe Church sanctuary and classroom building at 2555 W. Valencia Road in Tucson. The +/- 8KSF project, which will include a 300+ seat auditorium and worship center plus much-needed classroom and office space, will ultimately become home to the GracePointe Preschool and Elementary School as well. Caylor anticipates the project will take around 7 months to complete.
5. The Superstition Community Food Bank held a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, February 10th, to begin a long-awaited expansion of its Idaho Road facility. The expansion was spearheaded by former board members Bob Mohle and Georga Humphries in 2019 and is now able to move forward with the awarding of a $100K COVID-19 relief grant.
6. A water infrastructure project just west of Opportunity Way near the Desert Foothills housing development in Anthem, began March 1st and is slated to upgrade the community’s existing water booster station to help maintain water pressure to area residents. The $3.5M project is expected to be completed in May 2022.
7. On February 29th, Valleywise Health celebrated completing the first phase of construction on the new Valleywise Health Medical Center. To mark the occasion, a ceremonial topping out event was hosted by the healthcare system to show a live broadcast of the final beam being put into place by Kitchell. After breaking ground on construction just one-year prior on February 26th, 2020, the topping out marked the next step to completion of the 673KSF, 10-story medical center that is slated to open in 2023. The new state-of-the-art facility is being constructed adjacent to the current medical center and will continue to service the healthcare needs of the community during construction.
8. Sections of the parking lot at Copper Sky Recreation Complex will be closed through March 16th as part of the ongoing construction of the new 89-room La Quinta Inn in Maricopa. The hotel, owned by Andy Bhakta, is tentatively scheduled for a late March opening and represents a $10M capital investment.
9. Achen-Gardner Construction is still moving along on the Ritz-Carlton Roadway Improvements project. This project includes the construction of multiple distinct roadways within the Town of Paradise Valley. The majority of the roadways are adjacent to the Five Star Development Ritz Carlton project, which is also under construction. Improvements are expected to be completed in August 2021.
10. Achen-Gardner Construction is nearing completion on the West Anthem Lift Station No. 76, Force Main and Water Main DBB project for the City of Phoenix. This project includes construction of a new lift station with masonry wall and installation of a force main and water main and is expected to be completed this month.
11. Carondelet Health Network opens its latest expansion in metro Tucson when Carondelet St. Raphael’s Emergency Center opens March 8th. Located at 7401 S. Wilmot Road, St. Raphael’s Emergency Center includes 13 exam rooms, a procedure room and an imaging suite with x-ray, ultrasound and a CT scanner.
12. Sundt Construction, Inc., recently completed a new 392-space, multi-level parking structure on the east side of the Tucson Convention Center (TCC). Sundt’s project team completed the structure a week ahead of expected completion. The project also included site improvements along Church Avenue. Swaim Associates served as the architect on the project.
13. LGE Design Build recently completed construction on The Porch, a 5.4KSF restaurant/hospitality space with two covered patios. Designed by Brick & West, The Porch adds to LGE’s history of collaboration and partnership with the Town of Gilbert and others while shaping the Heritage District into what it is today.