Awards & Accolades
1. Kayenta Health Center, operated by Indian Health Service, has been awarded LEED Gold status from the U.S. Green Building Council.
2. Data center firm Aligned Energy has broken ground on a 200KSF expansion at its 51-acre, 550KSF, 120MW campus in Phoenix.
3. The second phase has started on the $50M renovation project at the Renaissance Square office towers in downtown Phoenix.
4. Optima Kierland’s high-rise condominium tower in North Scottsdale has opened. More than 80 percent of its residences at 7120 East Kierland Boulevard have sold.
5. 1784 Capital Holdings, LLC, has completed the first phase of its 540-unit Orange Grove self-storage development in Tucson. Construction is underway on the second phase of the project, which will add an additional 180 units.
6. McCarthy Building Companies recently completed “The BIG Outside,” a 10KSF outdoor play space and healing garden, for Cardon Children’s Medical Center in Mesa.
7. Hyatt Place Page/Lake Powell is set to open in early April. The newly constructed, three-story, 102-room select service property overlooking Lake Powell will represent a best-in-class hotel for the area.
8. Graycor Construction Company has completed 710KSF of shell and tenant improvement space for Prologis Inc. The new space, located within Prologis Riverside Distribution Center (230KSF) and Prologis Park Riverside (480KSF), paves the way for three major tenants to relocate or expand within southwest Phoenix’s Buckeye Road corridor.
9. The Housing Authority of the City of Yuma has completed renovations of an unused housing development facility to create a new substation for the Yuma Police Department. The substation was opened as part of the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program, which aims to reduce crime, drugs, and gangs on apartment properties.
10. The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa has added 12 luxury pickleball courts to its full-service racquet center. The 950-room luxury resort replaced three of its eight tennis courts with the 12 new pickleball courts, and is said to be the only resort in Arizona to feature 12 courts.
11. AZ Big Media recently published a look back at 15 Redevelopment Projects Completed in 2017.