1. Fulton Homes is beginning work on the infrastructure at Barney Farms, a 550-acre master-planned community that has been years in the making. The sprawling development is located at Queen Creek and Signal Butte Road and will be eventually built out to include 1,700 homes, with 114 acres of open space.
2. Lake Havasu City and the Arizona Department of Transportation will begin prep work this week to install a pedestrian hybrid beacon (PHB), or High Intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK), at the intersection of Acoma Boulevard and Pima Drive North. Initial work through March will include removing the existing concrete and establishing underground utility connections. The new sidewalks, ramps and traffic poles will be installed in early April. The PHB is expected to be operating in late April.
3. The old Tucson Citizen building on South Stone Avenue will soon be home to a 10-room, wine-centric boutique hotel and tasting room called The Citizen Hotel. Sand-Reckoner Vineyards will move its wine barreling and cellaring operation from its Willcox vineyards to the hotel’s 5KSF basement, where it also will open a tasting room. The hotel and tasting room are expected to open in late spring. Equilibrium Real Estate Investments is a partner on the project.
4. BedBrock Developers is breaking ground this month for the first 8.1KSF home within the new exclusive community being called Crown Canyon near 40th Street and Lincoln Drive in Paradise Valley. The 30-acre canyon will house 12 new mansions. The first home, designed by Drewett, is expected to be completed in 16 months.
5. Grandstone at Sunrise, the 140-home residential component of master-planned development Sunrise Promenade, located at Lake Pleasant Parkway and Happy Valley Road, is in the midst of construction, with first move-ins expected this summer. The project is developed by Thompson Thrift Retail Group.
6. Greenlight Communities has selected RangeWater to begin leasing at Cabana Hayden, located at 2240 N. Haydon Road. Eighty-nine units are now available for potential residents. The property will open to new residents to move in on March 10th, 2021. Cabana Hayden is a joint venture between Greenlight and Holualoa Companies.
7. The newly constructed, 114-room Home2 Suites by Hilton Yuma Pivot Point opened its doors at 155 N. Madison Avenue, last month. Kalthia Group Hotels developed the hotel and Kesari Putra Hospitality bought and runs the property.
8. After months of construction delays in the fall, then a wait as a connecting road was completed, the Fairway Drive ramp and interchange project is finished. Construction of the new $30M traffic interchange on Interstate 10 west of Loop 101 in Avondale finished in October. The City of Avondale managed the final phase of the project to complete the interchange by widening Fairway Drive from three to five lanes between Garfield Street and Van Buren Street. City work was completed on January 25th.
9. KB Home announced the grand opening of Northwood Point, a new enclave of one-story, ranch-style homes in Northwest Tucson. The community is situated just off Interstate 10 on Camino de Oeste between Cortaro Farms Road and Ina Road.
10. SimonCRE has completed its first recreational vehicle and boat storage facility at South Wilmot and East Littletown roads, Tucson, called Ameripark Covered Storage. The RV and boat storage company has another facility in Tempe and plans to open multiple locations in the state with SimonCRE.