Source: Water Infrastructure Finance Authority
The Water Infrastructure Finance Authority (WIFA) of Arizona is soliciting applications for Planning and Design Technical Assistance funding. These awards provide funding for planning and design to help prepare facilities for water and wastewater infrastructure construction.
Drinking water projects primarily intended for future growth/development or fire protection are not eligible.
Construction, construction management and post-construction activities are also not eligible. See WIFA’s Applicant’s Guide for a complete list of ineligible activities.
Cities, towns, special districts, tribal entities, and ACC-regulated private water companies.
Additional eligibility criteria apply to non-community water systems; contact WIFA for more details.
Private entities seeking funding to form a political subdivision to facilitate future infrastructure projects may also be eligible.
Applicants who received funding in FY 2015 are not eligible.
Drinking Water: $200K
Funding is limited to $35K per project.
For an application to be considered eligible for review and funding, it must:
- Design or plan for a critical system improvement(s) to ensure long-term facility compliance or efficiency
- Yield benefits to the facility at a level commensurate with the costs
- Provide adequate description of the project and expected outcome
- Provide for at least a 40% applicant funding contribution (match) of the total project cost (unless green – see text box above right)
- Be filled out in its entirety and received by the deadline
Note: After awards are made, projects may be subject to environmental review requirements. Planning-level projects (no design included) may be exempt from this requirement. Contact WIFA for more details.
Applications and Due Date
Register for an account and apply only through WIFA’s e-application system by 3 p.m., Aug. 31, 2015.