Awards and Accolades
1. A huge recession can’t keep a good company down. That’s the takeaway from this year’s Arizona Corporate Excellence awards, September 20th. The awards each year honor the largest private companies by revenue, as well as the fastest-growing private companies. The event also featured an awards presentation honoring Sunland Asphalt CEO Doug DeClusin as CEO of the Year and Sundt Construction with the Community Impact award.
2. A national award has been bestowed upon Oro Valley’s Procurement Division by the National Procurement Institute’s Achievement of Excellence Award. It’s the agency’s fifth such award in as many years. Oro Valley was one of 15 in Arizona and 54 nationally to receive the honor.
3. McCarthy Building Companies Inc. promoted Justin Dent to project director for the Education Services team of the Southwest division. In this new position, Dent will oversee education projects in Arizona and will forge a true collaboration with school districts and schools, design teams and subcontractors; serve as a liaison between the office and field team; champion job-site safety efforts and proactively manage project budgets and schedules. He previously served as project manager at McCarthy.
4. Cushman & Wakefield have named Larry Downey vice chairman. Downey becomes the first vice chairman to be based in Phoenix. The promotion comes as recognition for his consistent performance and leadership for the company.
5. The Chandler Industrial Development Authority (CIDA) has elected Edward Salanga its president for the current term. Salanga is a partner at Quarles & Bradley LLP. The CIDA makes recommendations to the Chandler city council regarding the issuance of industrial development bonds.
6. Ecotality names Ravi Brar as its new CEO. The electric car charging infrastructure manufacturer is based in San Francisco, but the majority of its employees and operations are in Phoenix. Brar replaces Jonathan Read.
7. Autumn Storm has moved to Ensemble Real Estate Solutions as the company’s healthcare brokerage services landlord representative. Storm joins the company coming from Lefevers Viewpoint Group Advisors.
8. Chad Ackerley is the new associate broker for Lee & Associates industrial division. Ackerly joined the firm in 2011 and was a runner prior to this promotion.
9. Carolyn Pugh is the new marketing assistant at Small Giants.
10. Theo Ott is the new property administrator for Lincoln Property Company in the Operations department.
11. Lori Singleton is a new director for the Solar Electric Power Association. The SRP director of Emerging Customer Programs for Solar, Sustainability and Telecom serves a one year term with the association.
12. Greg Phillips and Bruce Marsh join Curis Resources Arizona, Inc. as the process superintendent and vice-president, strategic affairs and corporate development. Curis is proposing an injection-based copper extraction mineral resource project near Florence.