1. The Arizona Builders Alliance participated in a school supply drive to donate school supplies to over 950 children at Children First Academy – Phoenix Campus and Sequoia Charter School Elementary. Because of the generosity of ABA members, the ABA’s Community Service Board was able to provide every student with all needed supplies and backpacks. Because of the surplus of donations, headphones were provided for all children attending the academy.
Awards & Accolades
2. The City of Scottsdale has won two Golden Prospector Awards from the Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED), recognizing excellence, innovation and creativity in economic development. Scottsdale’s “Swipe Right Scottsdale” special event and its “JDA Software” deal of the year earned top honors. Pictured: Rob Miller, Christian Green and Robert Tunis at the Golden Prospect Awards.
3. Phoenix Business Journal published its list of the top women-owned businesses in Phoenix as ranked by gross revenue. Among those honored were: #6 – Corporate Interior Systems, $31M; #5 – Caliente Construction, $35.2M; and, #4 – Plaza Cos., $39.2M.
4. Phoenix Business Journal published its list of the top trade associations in Arizona as ranked by the number of local, paid member firms. Among those honored were: #5 – Arizona Multihousing Association, 1,970; #3 – National Federation of Independent Business, 6,000; and, #2 – Arizona Small Business Association, 6,500.
Boards & Commissions
5. Paul Bakalis is the new Director of the School Facilities Board (SFB). Paul is an architect currently with Proteus West in Chandler.
6. The Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority board of directors unanimously voted to remove the “interim” tag and appoint J. Brian O’Neill as full-time airport Executive Director and CEO. Brian has been Interim Executive Director and CEO since June 2, and was previously Deputy Director and COO.
7. Tasha Anderson has joined the AZBEX team as a Market Researcher, assisting in finding detailed and up-to-date information for the new searchable database service. Tasha comes to AZBEX with over three years of experience in construction and related industries, including private commercial project research. In her free time, she enjoys relaxing with a good book, binge watching TV shows, or letting loose at karaoke night!
8. Otak, Inc. hired Chris Lindahl as Project Manager/Landscape Architect. With his experiencing owning a landscape architecture and civil engineering firm, Chris brings comprehensive management knowledge spanning conceptual design, design development and construction documentation.
9. Lee & Associates Arizona hired Sean Bishop as Principal. His specialties include brokerage services, tenant rep, investment counseling and negotiation.