Awards & Accolades
1. The Tucson Metro Chamber honored 16 Southern Arizona businesses at its Copper Cactus Awards ceremony. Award recipients were selected by a panel of judges from 54 finalists and hundreds of nominees. Among those honored was Cushman & Wakefield/Picor (31-75 employees) for the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Best Place to Work Award.
2. Speedie & Associates, Inc. announced the promotion of Jason C. Wells, P.E. to Vice President. Jason joined the construction materials testing division in 1996 and advanced to the role of Field Services Division Manager. He specializes in construction materials testing and special inspections for vertical construction.
3. Steven Ochoa was named Principal of Silver Fern Companies this week, a valley land development firm that delivers finished lots to homebuilders.
4. Corbins Electric promoted Chad Shultz to Operations Manager, Arizona & New Mexico. His responsibilities consist of leadership in business development, preconstruction, and project management. As Operations Manager, Chad will oversee operations across Arizona and New Mexico. Corbins also promoted Michael Vargo to Operations Manager, Semiconductor Manufacturing; his responsibilities consist of leadership in business development, preconstruction, and project management. As Operations Manager, Mike is responsible for semiconductor manufacturing client sites.
5. JLL’s Capital Markets announced Peter Bauman and Tivon Moffitt have joined the firm as Senior Vice Presidents. Bauman and Moffitt will lead the firm’s net lease investment sales practice in Phoenix. Bauman and Moffitt hold a combined 15 years of Commercial Real Estate experience in tenant representation and investment sales. They are also joined by John Paul Mulhern, Associate.
6. hardison/downey has hired a number of new employees recently, including Michael Dossey as Estimator, Scott Richards as Project Manager, Gabrielle Veasy as Construction Administrator and Jerry Wilkins as Superintendent.
7. EPS Group hired Todd R. Leslie, CDP, LEED AP as Senior Manager in their Land Development department. He has more than 22 years of commercial development consulting experience, with nearly a decade in Arizona focused on retail, healthcare, senior living, industrial, office and institutional projects.
8. A.R. Mays hired three new professionals. Jerry Clark joins the firm as a Project Manager with more than 32 years of construction experience. Thomas Lloyd joins the firm as a Project Superintendent and is responsible for overseeing subcontractor activity and safety in the field. Jessica Moran joins the firm as Project Accountant and supports the efforts of the Accounting department.