Awards & Accolades
1. Phoenix Business Journal published its list of the Valley’s top architecture firms based on the total number of registered architects employed. The top five include: #4 (tied) Gensler (17); #4 – Corgan (17); #3 Devenney Group Ltd, Architects (18); #2 Orcutt Winslow (20); #1 SmithGroupJJR (33).
Boards & Commissions
2. The Valley Metro RPTA and Valley Metro Rail Boards of Directors have elected new officers for the Fiscal Year 2016-17 term. Elected to serve on July 1, 2016 for Valley Metro RPTA: Chair – Phoenix Councilmember Thelda Williams; Vice Chair – Scottsdale Councilmember Suzanne Klapp; Treasurer – Glendale Councilmember Lauren Tolmachoff. Elected to serve on July 1, 2016 for Valley Metro Rail: Chair – Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell; Vice Chair – Mesa Vice Mayor Dennis Kavanaugh.
3. Arizona Builders Alliance (ABA) recently elected a new board President and added four new directors to its board. Mike Epstein, owner and managing member of Tucson-based Epstein Construction, has been tapped as ABA’s new board President. The four new directors are: Steve Grauer, Vice President and District Manager of the Western District at Hensel Phelps Construction Co.; Todd Klimas, Vice President of Wilson Electric; Brad Lloyd, Vice President and Project Executive of Lloyd Construction; and Dan Puente, President and founder of D.P. Electric.
4. The Governing Board of the Pinal Regional Transportation Authority formally appointed Florence Mayor Tom Rankin to be its Chairman. Dave Waldron, Council Member from the Town of Apache Junction, was appointed Vice Chairman. The RTA Board is comprised of each mayor in Pinal County, or their appointees, and representation from the Pinal County Board of Supervisors.
5. Coldwell Banker Commercial Advisors (CBC Advisors) announced the firm will extend its service offering to the Phoenix market. CBC Advisors supports 29 offices coast to coast with more than 21MSF under management with an asset value in excess of $3.5B. The firm operates as a full-service Commercial Real Estate brokerage.
6. Westwood Professional Services Inc. completed the acquisition of Tempe-based engineering and surveying firm, Site Consultants, Inc. Doing business as Site Consultants, Inc., a division of Westwood, the Site Consultants team is now serving its clients from Westwood’s office, 6909 E. Greenway Parkway, Suite 250, Scottsdale.
7. Brendan Morrow founded Commercial Real Estate firm Drive Development Partners, which specializes in senior living communities. Working with not-for-profits, private equity firms, health care providers and developers, Brendan focuses on design and construction.
8. Engineering, Architecture, Urban Design, and Planning firm Otak, Inc. promoted Paul Pellicani AIA, NCARB, LEED AP to Manager of Architecture in their Tempe office. Paul is an award-winning architect with over 25 years of experience.
9. Burns & McDonnell promoted Robert Healy to Manager, Renewable Energy Group. Robert will assist power industry clients in meeting renewable energy mandates. He has an extensive background in engineering project management for utility-scale wind energy installations throughout the U.S.
10. The Phoenix office of JLL has added a new brokerage team to its Tenant Representation group, welcoming Matthew Coxhead and Ryan Bartos as Executive Vice Presidents, and Kyle Seeger as an Associate. The brokers will assist JLL clients with all stages of the real estate process.
11. AZTEC hired James “Fin” Hayes, P.E. as one of the firm’s Freeway Design Team Leaders. Fin has more than 29 years of freeway, tollway, and light and heavy rail design experience. He has worked on major projects in Arizona, California, Texas, England and Qatar.
12. ABI Multifamily hired Royce Munroe as Vice President in the Mid/Small Apartment Group. Royce has been a consistent top producer and was ranked in the top one percent of realtors nationally while working for West USA Realty. Prior to West USA, he served in several management roles for both Intel and B.F. Goodrich.
13. Beus Gilbert PLLC hired Rodney Glassman as Counsel. Rodney is also a Faculty Associate in Management & Public Administration at Arizona State University.