1. The PICOR Charitable Foundation awarded a record $72,000 in grants this month. 100 percent of the funds raised were granted to youth-serving programs.
2. The Sundt Foundation has donated $69.5K in grant awards to 29 local charities during its fourth-quarter distribution. The foundation awards grants each quarter to area charities that support disadvantaged children and families.
3. Flagstaff-based Loven Contracting has established a $2,000 scholarship at Coconino Community College for students studying the construction trades.
4. To spread cheer this holiday season, Achen-Gardner Construction collected toys to donate to ICAN, an after-school program for at-risk youth located in Chandler.
Awards & Accolades
5. Trammell Crow Company leads the nation’s CRE development activity with nearly 38MSF under construction and 34MSF completed over the last three years, resulting in the firm being named the 2018 Top Development Firm by Commercial Property Executive Magazine. TCC has held the top spot since 2014.
6. The Tucson office of consulting engineering firm Terracon was named 2018 Advancing Women in Transportation Employer of the Year, Tucson Chapter.
Boards & Commissions
7. BOMA Greater Phoenix elected its 2019 officers and board members via electronic vote of its membership. Robert Vincent, Cordia Capital Management, was elected President. He is joined by VP Melissa Scott, Sunbelt Holdings; Governor Susan Engstrom, Main Street Real Estate Advisors; Treasurer Jayme Bartholomew, Development Services of America; and Allied Chair Doug Brown, Maintenance Mart.
8. The Central Arizona chapter of CCIM has announced its leadership and board for 2019. Jenette Bennett, Kidder Mathews will serve as 2019 President. The leadership group also includes VP Belinda Rosthenhausler, Clear Title Agency of Arizona; Treasurer/Secretary Matt Harper, NAI Horizon; and Immediate Past President Tracy Altemus, Ensemble Real Estate Solutions. The 2019 board will comprise Bonnie Halley, Colliers International; Marina Hammersmith, Ensemble Real Estate Solutions; Bobbie Mastracci, Phoenix West Commercial; Susan McCall, Commercial Property Connect; David Miller, Chicago Title Insurance Co.; and Rick Padelford, Realty Executives Commercial.
9. Arizona-based engineering firm, Hoskin Ryan Consultants, Inc., announced they have joined Huitt-Zollars, Inc., a full-service design firm headquartered in Dallas.
10. Agritech company AgJunction has announced the relocation of its corporate headquarters from Hiawatha, Kansas to Scottsdale, effective immediately.
11. SCS Engineers is celebrating the completion of more than 3,500 Arizona-based projects and reflecting on its 30th anniversary in Arizona.
12. U.S. CAD has acquired Mid-West CAD to expand its position in offering services to the A/E/C/ community.
13. Brenda Byers was promoted to director of preconstruction for McCarthy Building Companies’ national solar group.
14. Aaron Herring has been promoted to Associate Principal at Gould Evans.
15. Eleven-year industry veteran Joe Funk has joined A.R. Mays Construction as preconstruction manager.
16. Mark Irvin Commercial Real Estate Services, LLC has grown its medical and office property brokerage, development, and consulting footprint with the appointment of Christopher Irvin to the firm’s new sales associate position.
17. Dibble Engineering announced the retirement of Kent Dibble, PE, RLS, Principal and past President of the firm. Kent began his career at Dibble Engineering in 1973, working with his uncle, Ben Dibble, PE. Ben founded Dibble Engineering in 1962 and passed leadership to Kent and others in 1994.
18. P.B. Bell recently announced the retirement of Chairman and Founder Philip B. Bell. President and CEO, R. Chapin Bell will continue leading the company.