1. George Randall and Payson Concrete & Materials made their annual contribution to St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank and wrote checks to the Humane Society of Central Arizona; Payson Senior Center; Time Out, Inc., and Special Olympics.
2. For half a century, Chicanos Por La Causa has been spreading holiday cheer and promoting an active & healthy lifestyle at their annual celebration as a way to give back to the local communities it serves and brings a smile to “Angeles del Barrio” – the neighborhood kids. This year, CPLC celebrated the 50th Annual Angeles del Barrio Children’s Holiday Celebration and Health Fair on Dec. 1 at the South Mountain Community Center.
Boards & Commissions
3. Lisa Karnatz has been named associate director for the Arizona Association for Economic Development. In her new role, she will be responsible for membership engagement, coordinating the organization’s special events and marketing.
4. Phoenix-based Centuri Construction Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc., announced the acquisition of Linetec Services, LLC. Linetec is a premier provider of recurring maintenance, refurbishment, upgrade, and installation services for electrical transmission and distribution infrastructure throughout the Gulf Coast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
5. Tokyo-based Asahi Kaseri Corp. has completed a $106M acquisition of Chandler-based Erickson Cos. Through subsidiary Asahi Kasei Homes, the Japanese company now has its hand in the framing business, taking Erickson’s 1,100 employees in Phoenix, Tucson, northern California and northern Nevada. The seller is Atlas Holdings LLC.
6. Phoenix City Manager Ed Zuercher has named Jesús Sapien as the new Public Transit Director, overseeing the city’s local and RAPID™ bus, light rail, and Dial-a-Ride services.
7. The AZAGC has welcomed Corey Foster as its new Workforce Development Specialist. He comes to the AZAGC from the Arizona Department of Transportation where he managed the on-the-job training Supportive Services Program, which involved providing pre-apprenticeship training, supportive services and pathways to the highway construction trades.