Awards & Accolades
1. American Public Works Association’s Arizona Chapter has announced its new Board for Jan. 2017-June 2018. Members are: President, Loretta Flick; President Elect, Gregory B. Smith; Secretary, Rob Kidder, and Treasurer Kristin Tytler. Directors serving Jan 2017-June 2019 are: Chris Turner-Noteware; Donna Sullivan-Hancock; Stephen A. Orosz, and Al Field.
2. Matt Harper of Phoenix West Commercial, LLC was awarded the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation by the CCIM Institute. Harper was one of the 201 industry professionals who earned the CCIM designation during the organization’s 2016 Annual Governance Meetings in Atlanta.
3. Phoenix Business Journal has named its 2016 Landmark Business Leaders. The winners are: Bo Calbert, McCarthy Building Cos.; Kathy Foster, Colliers International in Greater Phoenix; Sharon Harper, Plaza Cos.; Vispi Karanjia, Orcutt Winslow; Chris Loeffler, Caliber, Christine Mackay, City of Phoenix; Jay McQuarie, Balfour Beatty Construction; Michael Pollack, Michael A. Pollack Real Estate Investments; Scott Root, Kitchell; Sundt Construction Inc.; Matt White, Caretaker Landscape and Tree Management, and Suntec Concrete.
4. Phoenix Business Journal has listed its Top Multifamily Commercial Real Estate Developers. The top three are Mark-Taylor Inc. (2,492 units/3.85MSF), Alliance Residential Co. (1,446 units/1.3MSF) and Wood Partners (1,270 units/1.21MSF).
5. Willmeng Construction was a finalist in the Social Impact category at the 20th Annual Spirit of Enterprise Awards, Arizona’s premier celebration of entrepreneurship. Of the 12 finalists, Willmeng was one of only two Valley construction businesses to qualify.
6. Melanie Healey, benefits administrator at Sundt Construction, has been named the 2016-2017 President of the Greater Phoenix Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC). She previously served as the group’s vice president.
7. The PICOR Charitable Foundation (“PCF”) awarded $50,000 in grants in November, representing 100% of the proceeds from the 22nd Annual Pancake Breakfast. Awards ranged from $400-$2,500 and were divided amongst 40 youth-serving charities.
8. Norris Design has promoted Ashley Nye to Associate in the company’s Phoenix office. She is a LEED Accredited Professional and currently serves as team leader for the DC Ranch Market Street landscape improvements project and the 8th and Rural mixed-use project.
9. Mike Hunzinger of Stanley Consultants, has been promoted from Senior VP to Chief Operations Officer. He will work closely with market leaders and provide oversight of strategy implementation, business development and project execution.
10. Dekker/Perich/Sabatini has hired Anne Davidson as an Interior Designer in its Phoenix office. She has 22 years experience. The firm’s Phoenix office has also hired Maria Voris as a Landscape Designer. She had previously worked for the company in its Albuquerque office.
11. Norris Design announced the hiring of Sean Hanberg as a Landscape Designer in its Flagstaff office, where he will provide team support and construction documents on multiple projects. Dave Marhefka has been hired into the Tucson office as Associate Landscape Designer. His specialties include public space design and public site planning.