1. The Boeing Co. gave 10 grants totaling $685K to Arizona programs, including a partnership with the Mesa Unified School District to inspire the next generation of rocket scientists and engineers.
2. After many years as a Senior Project Director with Desert Archaeology, Inc., Sarah Herr has acquired majority ownership of the 35-year old, full-service, Arizona-based cultural resources management company and serves as its President. The company is now a certified woman-owned small business and disadvantaged business enterprise serving the southwestern U.S.
Awards and Accolades
3. Phoenix Business Journal has announced its list of 2017 Landmark Leaders for Commercial Real Estate. Co-Mentor of the Year: Peter Madrid; Co-Mentor of the Year: Barry Gabel; Property Manager of the Year: Neha Patel; Subcontractor of the Year: Suntec Concrete; General Contractor of the Year: Willmeng Construction Inc.; Interior Designer of the Year: Melissa Holm; Architect of the Year: Jay Silverberg; CRE Woman of the Year: Haley Balzano; Developer of the Year: Keith Earnest; Brokerage Leader of the Year: R. Craig Coppola; Innovator of the Year: Scott Root; Legal Leader of the Year: Darin Sender; Emerging Leader: Brianna Nessler.
4. BOMA Greater Phoenix elected its 2018 officers and board members via electronic vote of its membership. Darwyn Harp, General Property Manager with Hines, was elected President. He is joined by Vice President Robert Vincent, Cordia Capital Management; Treasurer Jayme Bartholomew, Development Services of America, and Allied Chair Tim Barber, Maintenance Mart.
5. At the annual Arizona Chapter of the American Planning Association Annual Conference, Buckeye’s Reclaim the River; Enliven the Banks El Rio District Area Plan was the winner in the Master Plan/Study category.
6. Phoenix Business Journal has released its list of Arizona’s Largest Economic Development Organizations. Ranked by budget, Arizona Commerce Authority ($10M) took the top spot.
7. Ninyo & Moore has announced that Bruce Kay was recently honored with the “Community Service Award” at the Arizona Pavements/Materials Conference in Tempe.
8. Yuma’s recently adopted Infill Overlay District and Plan has been recognized with a “State of Planning” award, one of seven handed out by the American Planning Association, Arizona Chapter.
9. Evergreen Development Company announced that its co-founder and CEO Andrew Skipper has been accepted into the Forbes Real Estate Council, an invitation-only community for executives in the real estate industry.
10. James E. Bennett, Director of Aviation Services for the City of Phoenix, will receive the American Association of Airport Executives‘ Distinguished Service Award, which is presented to airport executives in honor of an exemplary career and contributions to the airport industry.
11. The Arizona Builders Alliance announced Bryan Eto has joined the association’s board of directors as Treasurer. In the role, he is responsible for overseeing the ABA’s annual budget, reporting on financial status and providing guidance in managing ABA’s assets.
12. Sundt Construction, Inc. promoted Shawn Blubaum to Operations Manager for its concrete division.
13. Gregory Rose has resigned as Maricopa City Manager to take a similar position in University City, Missouri.
14. Cushman & Wakefield announced that Nick Nudo has joined the firm’s Phoenix office as an Associate for the tenant advisory team of Vice Chairman Larry Downey and Associate Brett Thompson.
15. Iconic Design Studio has announced the addition of a new team member. Tarah Hamman joins IDS as a senior interior designer/project manager consultant.
16. Lucinda Bliss joined ORION Investment Real Estate’s Office Division.
17. Dennis Roberts has signed on as Project Manager, Real Estate and Land Development at Atwell, LLC.
18. Elite Roofing Supply has announced Onnie Diaz as its newest Partner and Vice President of Sales for Arizona.
19. Newmark Knight Frank recently announced two new hires. Tom Adelson is the new Executive Director of the Phoenix office, and Erin McClure is the company’s latest Associate.
20. Sigma Contracting announced it has hired Business Development Specialist Catherine Frendahl.
21. Shannon Doetsch has joined Clear Title Agency of Arizona to lead the Mesa branch as the new Branch Manager.