Awards & Accolades
1. The Southwest Chapter of REIAC (Real Estate Investment Advisory Council) recently awarded scholarships of $2,500 each to two students enrolled in Arizona State University’s Masters of Real Estate Development (MRED) program at the W.P. Carey School of Business. Kati Routh, a Phoenix resident and hospitality industry professional who graduated with honors from Northern Arizona University, earned a Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management. Anna Sepic, a Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) who owns companies focused on community investment and revitalization, graduated from Arizona State University.
2. Sacks Tierney Partner David Tierney was one of five attorneys inducted into the Maricopa County Bar Association Hall of Fame yesterday as part of the MCBA’s 2016 annual meeting at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. Joining David as 2016 inductees were Steven Hirsch, Hon. Barbara Rodriguez Mundell, Daniel R. Ortega Jr., and Jose de Jesus Rivera.
3. The 2016-2017 NAIOP Arizona Developing Leaders Mentor Program protégés have been announced: Andrew Althoff, Metro Commercial Properties; Lauren Anderson, CBRE; Paul Borgesen III, SVN Commercial Real Estate; Joe Charles, JLL; Phil Haenel, Cushman & Wakefield; Cullen Mahoney, Trammell Crow Company; Viktor Morozov, ViaWest Group; Daniel Raimer, Ryan Companies; Chad Schleicher, SmithGroupJJR; Kyle Seeger, JLL; Sean Sheppard, McShane Construction; Scott Sowinski, Dekker Perich Sabatini; Summer Varin, NGKF; Michael VanOmen, Deutsch Architecture Group; Serena Wedlich, CBRE; and Eric Whitehurst, Kimley-Horn.
4. Real Estate Forum magazine announced the Top 50 Under 40 best-in-class young Commercial Real Estate executives for its annual roster of up-and-coming leaders. Caliber – The Wealth Development Company’s COO and Co-Founder, Jennifer Schrader, is one of them.
Boards & Commissions
5. The Arizona Chapter of NAIOP elected its 2017 Officers and Board Members at its annual board meeting held November 1. 2017 NAIOP-AZ officers are: Chairman of the Board, Larry Pobuda, Opus Group; Vice Chairman, Matt Mooney, Cousins Properties; Programs Chair, Andrew Cheney, Lee & Associates; Secretary, Molly Carson, Ryan Companies US, Inc.; and, Tammy Carr of Mortenson will remain as Treasurer. New officers and new or re-nominated board members include: Bryon Carney, Cushman & Wakefield; Keith Earnest, VanTrust Real Estate LLC; Tom Jarvis, Willmeng Construction; Rusty Kennedy, CBRE; Tom Knoell, Catellus Development Corporation; Anthony Lydon, JLL; Chris Marchildon, CBRE; Darren Pitts, Velocity; Danny Swancey, ViaWest Group; Chuck Vogel, VEREIT, Inc.; Jim Wentworth Jr., Wentworth Property Company; and Tom Johnston, Savills Studley, and Bob Hubbard, who also serve on the executive committee by virtue of being Past Chairmen. Phil Breidenbach of Colliers International was elected to a new 3-year term.
6. The Southern Arizona CCIM Chapter elected its Board of Directors for 2017, including: President Melissa Lal, CCIM, Larsen Baker, LLC; Past President Greg Boccardo, CCIM, Boccardo Realty; President Elect/Vice President Craig Finfrock, CCIM, Commercial Retail Advisors; Treasurer Gary Andros, CCIM, Andros Commercial Properties; and, Secretary Suzie Ong, CCIM, BroadStone Commercial.
7. Darcy Renfro has been named to the Phoenix IDA Board of Directors. As a member, Darcy will conduct the affairs of the Phoenix IDA to support community and economic development through access to capital.
8. NV5 Global, Inc. has acquired JBA Consulting Engineers, Inc., a Las Vegas, Nevada-based MEP engineering, acoustics, technology, and fire protection consulting firm with approximately $33M in annual revenue. The acquisition was primarily financed with cash on hand from the company’s balance sheet and is expected to be immediately accretive to NV5’s earnings.
9. The Planning Center, a multi-disciplinary consulting firm that specializes in planning and landscape architecture, recently opened the doors to a new office at 1270 E. Broadway Road in Tempe. Jessica Sarkissian, AICP, Principal, will lead efforts at the new location. In her role, Jessica will manage land development processes for clients in the public and private sectors.
10. CADsoft Consulting, Inc. hired two new Infrastructure Solutions Engineers. Rob Bigelow, GISP, joins the firm with years of experience as a GIS Specialist, Civil Designer, Project Manager, and CAD Manager. Rick Chappell, GISP, re-joins the firm after years working across the industry in utility systems, water/waste water, and communications.
11. Lora Lakov joined Otak’s Tempe office bringing 15 years of experience to the team as a Project Designer. Lora has worked on many hotels, schools, and industrial projects, and she holds a Bachelor of Science in planning from Arizona State’s School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning.
12. Arizona Polymer Flooring hired two industry veterans to focus on business development in the company’s Phoenix office. As the new sales director, Paul Scheidmantel will supervise the company’s expansion strategies and development, as well as a team of nationwide sales representatives. Vito Anteri joins the APF team as an architectural specialist with more than two decades of experience in construction; he has several strategic ties with influential architects, contractors, engineers and owners who rely on his expertise.