Awards & Accolades
1. In recognition of its outstanding 2015 safety performance, Drake Cement LLC has been awarded the Sentinels of Safety Award and the Portland Cement Association’s (PCA) Chairman’s Safety Performance Award. The Sentinels of Safety Award is the most prestigious of all recognitions awarded nationally to the mining industry.
2. After growing locally by 300 percent since 2012, Burns & McDonnell is relocating its expanding 90-person workforce to the Central Arts District in Phoenix. The 100 percent employee-owned global engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting firm sees continued expansion, nearly doubling in size in the next few years.
3. Builders Guild, Inc. has promoted Nick Nikrant to Vice President. Nick has 31 years of construction and project management experience and continues to be responsible for overseeing the municipal, commercial and industrial sectors of BGI’s diverse portfolio of projects.
4. Andrew Gregory has been promoted to Senior Property Manager for M.A.S. Real Estate Services. Andrew will manage and assist in developing 1.2MSF of Retail, Office and Industrial space in Tucson. Prior to working for M.A.S., he had been involved in residential and commercial management, sales and leasing in Tucson since 1986.
5. Evergreen Devco, Inc. promoted two of its professionals. As Senior Development Manager, Steve Russell, CCIM is currently responsible for the redevelopment of Trellis on Bell, a 31-acre mixed use project with single-family, class A apartments, and commercial. As Development Manager, Erica Vester will be responsible for managing complex real estate development projects.
6. Desert Commercial Advisors has announced that Alex Feria has joined the multifamily division at SVN in Phoenix. As an Associate Advisor, Alex will be working with Senior Investment Advisors Chip Kloppenburg, CCIM, and Carrick Sears, CCIM.
7. Phoenix West Commercial, LLC hired two new professionals. Melissa Marks specializes in light industrial and retail commercial sales and leasing. Adam Lam specializes in general commercial real estate with a focus on retail and brings a solid background of a man with great entrepreneurship.
8. WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff hired Kevin Porter as Supervising Geotechnical Engineer. Kevin will be responsible for providing geotechnical engineering support on the Arizona Department of Transportation’s Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway project.
9. Commercial real estate executive Larry Kelso has joined Scottsdale-based Keyser as global head for project management. Kelso established the project management division at the Staubach Co. He was most recently director of global real estate for technology company VCE.