1. Scottsdale-based website security provider SiteLock is funding $60K in STEM-related education projects, with at least $50K going to Phoenix metro schools in need. SiteLock is partnering with DonorsChoose.org for the second year in a row to allow employees to help fund science, engineering, technology and math projects they’re passionate about.
Awards and Accolades
2. The Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies honored Glendale Water Services with The Sustainable Water Utility Management Award at its 2017 Executive Management Conference. Glendale Water Services, one of six utilities to receive the national award, was recognized for its proactive water management strategy focused on policy, planning, conservation and technology.
3. Arizona Highways has won 10 top prizes, including Magazine Writer of the Year and Photographer of the Year, from the International Regional Magazine Association. At the association’s recent meeting, the Arizona Department of Transportation-produced magazine took home 22 awards in all, the most in the competition, and was a finalist for Magazine of the Year for work published in 2016.
4. The Apache Character Area Plan and Tempe General Plan 2040 won awards from the American Planning Association Arizona Chapter for being excellent planning documents. Both were created by the City of Tempe Planning Division of the Community Development Department. General Plan 2040 received the Best General Plan in Arizona award. The City of Tempe also received an honorable mention award for the Apache Character Area Plan.
5. The Arizona Association for Economic Development has announced that Carol Treuber, an economic development specialist with Southeast Arizona Economic Development Group in Benson, is the winner of the 2018 AAED Ben Warren Memorial Scholarship.
6. Lennar Corporation and CalAtlantic Group, Inc. announced their respective boards of directors have unanimously approved a definitive merger agreement valued at approximately $9.3B, including $3.6B of net debt assumed. The combination will create the USA’s largest homebuilder.
7. GLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc. recently announced Donna Mertes was promoted to Manager of the company’s civil engineering department.
8. Vera Archuleta has been promoted to Right of Way Agent at Tierra Right of Way’s Tucson office.
9. Catellus Development Corporation has welcomed Charley Freericks to its Arizona office to lead development of the Novus Innovation Corridor at Arizona State University’s Tempe Campus.
10. Walsh Group has promoted Roy Epps to Senior VP of water and wastewater.
11. Wood/Patel’s Executive Committee recently announced several new associates. Gabe Rios, Survey Project Manager; Ethan Boyle, Project Engineer; Joe Daconta, Senior Project Engineer; Frank Koo, Senior Project Manager; John Bulka, Project Manager; Jeff Lallier, Survey Party Chief; Melissa Rodgers, Controller/Human Resources Director; Tim Roeper, Survey Party Chief; and Nicholas Brown, Project Manager.
12. Patricia Blackmon has joined Tierra Right of Way’s Tucson office as a Right of Way agent.
13. DAUM Commercial Real Estate Services continues to grow its Arizona brokerage team with the recent addition of Ryan Reisman , who will serve as an associate to Daum’s Executive Vice President and Branch Manager, Steve McKendry.
14. Earthworks Environmental LLC continues its growth in Arizona with the hiring of Compliance Manager Jamie Zanazzo.