1. Kitchell Corp. has been named an ACE Community Impact Award winner for the extensive charitable and community service work performed by its employee-owners.
Awards and Accolades
2. WESTMARC has issued its 25th anniversary Best of the West Awards. Awards were presented in the categories of Economic Engine; Quality of Life Within the Community; and Education and Excellence in Innovation. In addition to these three awards, WESTMARC also presented the West Valley Regional Advancement Award, Inspiration in Leadership and President’s Choice awards. See the full list here.
3. Rob Martensen has been named President of the Arizona chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS®.
4. The Arizona Association for Economic Development recently presented 10 Golden Prospector Awards and seven Golden Prospector Awards of Merit, recognizing excellence, innovation and creativity in economic development. Those honored include: The Town of Sahuarita; The City of Surprise; PHX East Valley; The Town of Gilbert; Greater Phoenix Economic Council; Arizona Regional Economic Development; and Ak-Chin Industrial Park Board.
5. Holly Street Studio recently announced a plethora of awards. It has been named as Arizona’s 2017 Architecture Firm of the Year, by the American Institute of Architects; Principal Michael Jacobs has been chosen as President-Elect of the American Institute of Architects’ Phoenix Metro Chapter, and Principal Diane Jacobs was named as University of Arizona College of Architecture 2017 Alumna of the Year.
6. DP Electric is relocating to bring all of its employees under one roof in a 34KSF corporate headquarters. It recently purchased space at 2210 S. Roosevelt St. in Tempe for $3.4M. Kurt Saulnier of Lee & Associates represented the firm. Eric Jones of Commercial Properties Incorporated represented the seller, Robert Coleman Trust.
7. The Arizona chapter of NAIOP has named Suzanne Kinney as its new President.
8. Nick Crisci has joined GCON, Inc. as its new COO.
9. Holly Street Studio recently announced several new hires. They are Principal Ben Perrone and new Associates Sergio Carrasco, Annette J. Park and Tyler Wothers.
10. Valerie Ahyong has joined Floor Associates as Landscape Architect and Project Manager.
11. John W. Gould has joined Dekker/Perich/Sabatini’s Arizona office as the Market Leader for the firm’s Senior Living group.
12. After 40 years of service to the organization, Mark Minter has announced he is retiring as President of Arizona Builders Alliance.