Awards & Accolades
1. The American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC) has honored Sundt Construction, Inc. with the 2016 W. Burr Bennett Award for Safety Excellence. The award, which recognizes one general contractor and one specialty contractor for placing the highest priority on safety, was presented at ASCC’s 2016 annual conference in Minneapolis.
2. Dekker/Perich/Sabatini Architect Scott Sowinski, AIA, LEED AP, ALEP has been selected as one of 16 class members to participate in the 6th Annual NAIOP Arizona Developing Leader’s Young Professionals Group. The program is designed for young real estate professionals and includes leadership, education and networking opportunities.
Boards & Commissions
3. Sandie Smith, who has served as President and CEO of the Pinal Partnership since 2008, will hand her torch to current Chairman of the Board Harold Christ, as he will serve as President and CEO thereafter. Sandie will serve as an ambassador for the Partnership. Harold has been a land developer in Pinal County for the past 40 years. Melissa Johnson, who came to the organization in August, will serve as the Executive Director and work closely with the President to aid in the growth of the organization.
4. (pic: PPL Kathleen Eriksen, PPL Michael Keith) Kathleen Eriksen will be the fifth Chief Executive Officer for the Downtown Tucson Partnership, taking over for former CEO Michael Keith, who retired after six years in the position. The owner and founder of a downtown development and consulting firm in Michigan, Kathleen said she will spend the first 30 days meeting with various stakeholders and listening to their concerns.
5. Owner and Project Manager Michael Miserendino has started Level 11 Design and Build, a full service General Contractor for Commercial and high end Residential projects.
6. Kitchell recently promoted Julie Garcia to Preconstruction Manager and Brian Potter to Chief Estimator. Julie has held various roles within the company, most recently as Manager of Preconstruction; she has also served as an Estimator and Project Engineer. Prior to his promotion, Brian was Manager of Cost Estimating; he has also served as Senior Estimator.
7. Energy Systems Design promoted Nathan Short, P.E. to Vice President. Nathan brings nine years of electrical design experience with specialization in lighting, building systems and controls. As Vice President, he is an integral part of the engineering department’s management efforts and will continue to build upon client-relationships in his new role.
8. Taylor RyMar Corporation promoted four of its professionals. Promoted to Principal Engineer over all Electrical Engineering Groups in their Flagstaff office, Joel D. DeHaven, P.E. previously shared the managerial role over all markets. Samuel Backus, P.E. has been promoted to Group Lead for Commercial and Industrial Projects; he will monitor the progress of projects in the commercial and industrial sectors and continue providing electrical engineering services. Chad Petersen, EIT has been promoted to Photovoltaic Projects Group Lead and will monitor the progress of the firm’s photovoltaic projects while continuing to provide electrical design services. Danny J. Simpson, P.E. is now Principal Engineer over all Electrical Engineering Groups in their Tempe Office; he is also serving as the interim Healthcare Group Projects Lead.
9. The Arizona Builders Alliance (ABA) hired Saturn Ontiveros Jr. as Student Services Administrator. In this role, which is new to the ABA, Saturn will guide and counsel more than 300 students of the ABA’s four apprenticeship programs— Electrical, Heavy Equipment Operator, Diesel Mechanic or Surveying. In addition to his five-year experience at Maricopa County, his recent experience as the On the Job Training Workforce Development Technician at the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) has prepared him with the skills and background needed to better serve member employers and apprenticeship students.
10. A.R. Mays Construction hired three new professionals. Phylicia Bryant joins the firm as Project Secretary and supports the efforts of the project management team. Dale Whited joins the firm as a Project Superintendent and is responsible for overseeing subcontractor activity and safety in the field. Amanda Scott joins the firm as a Project Manager with more than 12 years of construction experience.
11. Cresa hired Kyle Stickles as Senior Associate. With almost four years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, Kyle provides a high level of professionalism, a comprehensive understanding of client expectations, and has a strong track record for delivering maximum savings and leverage for his clients.
12. Taylor RyMar Corporation hired two new professionals. As Senior Mechanical Designer, Gbain Voker will coordinate scope with PM to create HVAC & plumbing designs based on client needs, current codes and best practices, and lead design from conceptual phase through construction documents and construction administration. As Photovoltaic Designer, Kyle Burns will develop construction drawings for utility scale photovoltaic projects.