Awards & Accolades
1. Dekker/Perich/Sabatini has once again been ranked in the Top 300 Architecture Firms by Architectural Record, making the list at #130. Rankings are based on revenue for architectural services performed in 2015.
2. SVN | Desert Commercial Advisors Managing Director Perry Laufenberg was acknowledged as one of the top Broker Managers in the Commercial Real Estate industry in the 2017 magazine edition of AZ Business Leaders. At the beginning of 2016, Perry focused on recruiting efforts and has brought on eight new advisors since April.
3. The Associated Minority Contractors of America (AMCA) recognized Mortenson as the General Contractor Mentor of the Year in recognition of the company’s efforts in minority and women-owned contractor outreach and mentoring. Mortenson received the award at AMCA’s annual awards banquet on Oct. 22.
4. Commercial Executive Magazine honored Barry Gabel of CBRE, Cindy Cooke of Colliers International and Craig Coppola of Lee & Associates as 2016 Broker of the Year winners in the magazine’s Fall Forum 2016 issue.
5. The City of Phoenix Water Services Department was honored for utility excellence this week by the Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA) at its 2016 Executive Management Conference. Phoenix Water was one of ten water utilities in the country to receive the Platinum Award for Utility Excellence. The Platinum and Gold Awards recognize outstanding achievement in implementing the nationally recognized Attributes of Effective Utility Management. Central Arizona Project recently was also honored with a Gold Award for Exceptional Utility Performance, which recognizes outstanding achievement in implementing nationally recognized Attributes of Effective Utility Management.
6. Phoenix Business Journal published its list of Arizona’s 50 fastest growing companies. Among those honored were: Caliber, The Wealth Development Company; Caliente Construction Inc.; Caretaker Landscape and Tree Management; Chas Roberts HVAC/Plumbing; Climatec, LLC; CSW Contractors Inc.; Kitchell Corp.; Sun Valley Masonry Inc.; Sundt Construction Inc.; Sunland Asphalt; FNF Construction, Inc.; Suntec Concrete; Paul Johnson Drywall; MT Builders, LLC; and, Markham Contracting Co., Inc.
7. Sundt Construction Inc.’s Hospitality Project Director Chandra Reilly has earned a coveted 40 Under 40 Award from Building Design + Construction (BD+C). Chandra received the national recognition based on her leadership skills, inventiveness, sustained career progress, people skills, client relations, academic training, dedication, personal integrity, technical skills, community outreach and volunteer work.
Boards & Commissions
8. Jim Clifford, President of Clear Title Agency of Arizona, was named Vice President of the Land Title Association of Arizona (LTAA). He was elected to the position at LTAA’s annual convention last month in Tucson. In September 2015, Clifford was elected Secretary/Treasurer, moving up to Vice President.
9. Corbins Electric promoted Darin Johnson to Vice President of Field Operations. In his more than 20 years at Corbins, Darin has made significant contributions to our overall company health and success. He will continue to lead field workforce development, focusing on safety, quality, and productivity, ensuring alignment with our core values.
10. McCarthy Building Companies promoted Josh Molitor to VDC Manager. Josh will focus on leading McCarthy’s Phoenix-based VDC team to ensure a successful, integrated approach throughout design phases of complex construction projects.
11. General Contractor Johnson Carlier hired Sue Sylvester as Vice President of Business Development. Sue brings over 15 years of business development experience in the architecture, construction and engineering (AEC) industry to her new role. She is a native of Arizona and has led diverse teams across the AEC industry for record targeted revenue goals.
12. NAI Horizon hired Eric Forshee as Director of Business Development. Eric comes to NAI Horizon after nine years at Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (and Grubb & Ellis) as National Director of Business Development for Property Management. Prior to that, he served as Director of Property Management for Trammell Crow Company.
13. Ryan Companies US, Inc. hired Josh Rogers as its Director of Development for Retail in its Southwest division. Josh brings extensive knowledge of strategy development and implementation for major retailers as well as a wealth of experience in real estate acquisition and land development for large and small projects.
14. Belinda Rosthenhausler has joined Clear Title Agency of Arizona. Her duties will include marketing and branding of the commercial division. She will also be responsible for building relationships with commercial brokers, developers, building owners, investors, lenders and attorneys.
15. Phoenix West Commercial, LLC hired Ken Schawl as an Associate. Ken specializes in Industrial Leasing and Sales in Arizona. He worked for the USPS for 33 years with the past 10 years in a managerial position. Due to his experience, he has a unique perspective on building long term business relationships and adds a new meaning to multi-tasking.
16. KEAR Civil Corporation hired Chad Jackson as Project Manager. Chad will manage the firm’s aviation projects as well as federal water/wastewater projects. He has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from ASU and brings over nine years of project management experience to the job.
17. Rusty Lyon, the man behind popular projects such as Scottsdale Fashion Square, Chandler Fashion Square, Biltmore Fashion Park and The Boulders Resort, Rusty Lyon, passed away this month. Rusty served at Westcor for more than 40-years as CEO and worked as a leader in retail development, leaving behind a legacy that can be seen across Arizona. A Celebration of Life Service is planned for Lyon on Nov. 2 at 2 p.m. at Scottsdale Bible Church at 7601 E. Shea Blvd. in Scottsdale.