1. Erik Bryan, CEO of Precision Air & Heating, announced the company is offering an annual $1,000 scholarship award for students enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university. The scholarship is open to students from all areas of academic study, but the company is especially encouraging undergraduate and graduate students interested in a career in any area of business to submit an essay. Applications for the scholarship are being taken now through April 30, 2017.
Awards & Accolades
2. Chandra Reilly, Sundt Construction‘s Hospitality Project Director, has earned a coveted 40 Under 40 Award from Building Design + Construction (BD+C), one of the country’s leading trade publications. Chandra received the recognition based on her leadership skills, inventiveness, sustained career progress, people skills, client relations, academic training, dedication, personal integrity, technical skills and community outreach/volunteer work.
3. Esteemed Champagne House, Veuve Clicquot, has awarded Janet LePage, CEO and co-founder of Western Wealth Capital, with its 2016 New Generation Award. Janet has grown Western Wealth Capital to the third largest multifamily property owner in Phoenix in terms of number of properties and the eighth largest in terms of units. Western Wealth Capital now owns 24 properties and 3,998 units in the Phoenix area.
4. Phoenix Business Journal published its list of the top Commercial Real Estate developers as ranked by total square footage developed for commercial buildings started or completed in 2015. The top five are: #5 – Merit Partners Inc., 1.36MSF; #4 – Kitchell, 1.62MSF; #3 – Wentworth Property Co., 1.9MSF; #2 – Ryan Companies US Inc., 2.57MSF; #1 – Mark-Taylor Inc., 3.85MSF.
5. Architect Scott Sowinski of Dekker/Perich/Sabatini (D/P/S) received the Accredited Learning Environments Planner (ALEP) designation, a mark of excellence developed to identify those in the educational environment industry who demonstrate the knowledge essential to the practice of educational facility planning. Scott is the first, and only, designated ALEP in Arizona.
Boards & Commissions
6. The Industrial Asset Management Council (IAMC) announced that Ashley Snyder, Senior Vice President at Cresa, has been elected to the IAMC Board of Directors. Jennifer Roth, Senior Manager, Real Estate at Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc., and Don Hansen, Sr., Director of Real Estate and Development at W.W. Grainger were also elected to the board.
7. The Phoenix IDA announced the election of new board officers for 2017 and the appointment of board members, including: Sal Rivera, President, Partner and Shareholder, Rivera Law Group, P.C.; Barbara Ryan Thompson, Vice President, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Helios Education Foundation; David Lujan, Treasurer, Vice President for Economic Progress, Children’s Action Alliance; Bruce Mosby, Secretary, President of Mosby and Company Inc. New Board members recently appointed by the Phoenix Mayor and City Council include: Darcy Renfro, Senior Director of The Arizona We Want at the Center for the Future of Arizona, and Lawrence Robinson, Director of the Maricopa Community College District‘s Center for Civic Participation.
8. Corbins Electric promoted Jessica Grants to Chief Financial Officer. As a member of the firm’s Senior Executive Leadership Team, Jessica is responsible for overall company financial health and also oversees the business solutions, IT, accounting, and human resources/recruiting departments.
9. Laura Pogue has joined NAI Horizon as an Associate in the Office Properties Group. Laura’s area of focus will be office and medical office. She will be working with other members of NAI’s Office Properties Group to strengthen its medical office capabilities.
10. Commercial General Contractor Jokake Construction Services hired Candace Rosauro as Business Development Director. Candace will secure new business opportunities with existing and potential key clients. Her hire represents an investment in industrial and manufacturing markets.
11. A.R. Mays Construction hired three new professionals. As Project Superintendents, Doug Heiberg and Rigo Quintana are responsible for overseeing subcontractor activity and safety in the field. Hired as an Estimator, James Nitti has more than seven years of construction experience.
12. CBRE hired Daniel Wesson as Vice President in the firm’s Tucson office. Daniel is a seasoned commercial real estate professional with over three decades of experience supporting clients through his comprehensive knowledge of brokerage, development, rezoning and acquisition of multifamily investment properties.
13. ORION Investment Real Estate hired Trevor Clinch as Senior Associate specializing in office leasing and sales. Trevor has seven years of experience working in Commercial Real Estate. His drive and desire to keep learning his craft allow him to be successful in the commercial real estate field.
14. The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation hired Rachel Oesterle as Vice President & Chief Philanthropy Officer. Rachel will lead development on a set of critical national relationships, build a sustainable community engagement and fund development infrastructure for operational and capital support.
15. RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture hired Doug Craig to be its Vice President and Managing Principal in Arizona. Craig joined RVi in July, coming over from a Principal-in-Charge role at Golden Associates Landscape Architects in Phoenix. Previously, he had his own firm and was also a principal at Norris Design in Denver and Phoenix.