Awards & Accolades
1. Brianna Nessler of Small Giants completed the hard work involved to become the first female certified drone pilot specifically specializing in Phoenix’s commercial real estate industry. Brianna’s deep understanding of the new regulations positions her as a top resource for legal and safe commercial real estate aerial photography (AZBEX, Sept. 23).
2. The Phoenix Business Journal published its annual list of top Economic Development Organizations in Arizona. The top five ranked by budget size are: #5 – City of Phoenix Community and Economic Development Department, $5M; #4 – Greater Phoenix Economic Council (CPEC), $5.4M; #3 – City of Chandler Economic Development Division, $5.7M; #2 – Arizona Commerce Authority, $10M; #1 – City of Mesa Office of Economic Development, $10.2M.
3. Velocity Retail Group, LLC promoted Bonnie Arlia to Senior Vice President. In addition to working with high profile clients, Bonnie is responsible for providing leadership for the company as the Designated Broker, increasing visibility for the company through creative marketing as well as elevating the firm’s research capabilities and analytical tools.
4. Cole hired Craig Bolze, PE, ENV SP as Senior Project Manager in the firm’s Phoenix office. With over 25 years of professional and technical civil engineering experience, Craig brings a wealth of executive and project management experience in both private development and public sector projects. His primary focus at Cole is to develop and execute infrastructure projects for public agencies.
5. Design firm Gensler hired Amit Upadhye, AIA as a Senior Project Architect in their Phoenix office. With over two decades of experience, Amit holds a Master of Architecture with Distinction from the University of New Mexico and a Bachelor of Architecture from the Institute of Environmental Design, Sardar Patel University in India.
6. EPS Group hired Jaime Jacobs, CCM as Regional Business Development Manager. Jaime brings more than 18 years of experience within the commercial real estate industry. In her new role, Jaime will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships supporting all three EPS Group offices. She will support regional leadership and market leaders who have significant engineering and planning experience in the education, municipal, multi-family housing, residential, retail, and healthcare markets locally.
7. A.R. Mays Construction hired three new professionals. As an Estimator, James Nitti has more than seven years of construction experience. New Project Superintendent Rigo Quintana is responsible for overseeing subcontractor activity and safety in the field. Also hired as Project Superintendent, Doug Heiberg is responsible for overseeing subcontractor activity and safety in the field.
8. Ninyo & Moore, Geotechnical & Environmental Services Consultants hired Scott C. Nichols as a Senior Project Manager. With more than 35 years of laboratory and construction materials testing, Scott will lead the inspection and construction materials testing for both field and laboratory services related to projects located in the Tucson and Southern Arizona area.
9. Perlo Construction hired Angel Valledor as Superintendent. With 30 years of experience in the industry, Angel is currently supervising the Arizona Eye Center project in Chandler. His jobs have spanned the market segments of health care, hospitality, sports, aviation, residential, automotive, retail, office and more.