Awards and Accolades
1. The Walsh Group has been recognized by Engineering News-Record as a top contractor in environmental construction. The magazine lists The Walsh Group as the top-ranking contractor for 2017 in three major categories: No. 1 Water Treatment and Desalination Plant Contractor, No. 1 Wastewater Treatment Plant Contractor, and No. 1 Sewerage and Solid Waste Contractor.
2. Nogales-Santa Cruz County Chamber of Commerce has named Villa’s Market and Suarez Brokerage Company the recipients of the Chamber’s fourth annual Business Excellence Awards. It also recognized the Nogales U.S. Customs Brokerage Association as the Non-Profit Organization of the Year award recipient and Roni Capin-Ashford as the recipient of the Citizen of the Year award.
3. Valley Partnership has announced the 25 young professionals chosen to participate in the 2017-2018 ADVOCATES program, as well as the focus of this year’s curriculum – “The Modera Era of Mixed-Use Development.”
Boards & Commissions
4. Elizabeth Hale has been chosen as a Board Member at the Board Developer Foundation.
5. Marc Schmittlein, President & CEO of CopperPoint Insurance Companies, has been appointed to serve on the 2018 Greater Phoenix Economic Council Board of Directors.
6. Goodmans Interior Structures, a Phoenix-based Herman Miller commercial dealer and interior general contractor, has announced the acquisition of WORKspaces, another Phoenix-based Herman Miller dealer.
7. Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey on Oct. 3 announced the appointment of Carol L. Ditmore as Director of the Arizona Department of Housing. Ditmore has served as the interim director of ADOH since May.
8. Concord General Contracting, Inc. has announced the promotion of Matt Beaver to Project Manager. Beaver has been with the company since 2014 serving as a project superintendent.
9. Sundt has promoted Sean Ray to Director of Craft Workforce Development. Ray, who has 23 years of construction experience, has served as Craft Workforce Development Manager since April 2015.
10. Concord General Contracting, Inc. has announced the hiring of Bob Cashin as the Director of Operations. Cashin will lead the company’s construction operations efforts throughout Arizona.
11. Adams and Associates Engineers, PLLC recently announced the hiring of two new team members. Bill Damon, PE, LEED AP has joined as a Senior Mechanical Engineer while Ryan Harbuck joined as a Junior Mechanical Engineer.
12. Archer Western recently announced several new team members. Bill Marshall and Tavis Rogers have joined as Project Managers, Ross Talbot as Assistant Project Manager, and Becky Hornack as Business Development and Marketing Manager.
13. NAI Horizon has hired Jay Mininberg, who joins the Office Properties Group as an Associate. He will be responsible for office leasing.