1. CBRE’s 8th annual PurSuit of Success citywide business clothing runs through Friday, Oct. 19 and benefits women and men in job training programs with much-needed access to professional clothing. New and gently used items can be donated Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at CBRE’s Phoenix office, 2575 E. Camelback Road, or at one of 38 office buildings throughout the Valley. This year’s charity partners include: Dress for Success, Fresh Start Women’s Foundation, Sojourner Center, and St. Joseph the Worker.
Awards & Accolades
2. Queen Creek’s Economic Development Department recently became an Accredited Economic Development Organization. The International Economic Development Council accreditation makes the Queen Creek department one of 61 organizations receiving the designation.
3. Commercial Executive Magazine announced Tyler Anderson, Sean Cunningham, Matt Pesch and Asher Gunter of CBRE received the 2018 Broker Team of the Year Award. The award was presented by Paul Engler with Alliance Bank.
4. The Gilbert, Arizona Office of Economic Development received four Excellence in Economic Development Awards during the International Economic Development Council’s Annual Conference: Silver Award – Video/Multimedia Promotion – What More Could You Want? Video; Silver Award – Paid Ad Campaign – What More Could You Want? Campaign; Bronze Award – Innovation in Economic Development Week – 2018 Gilbert Economic Development Week; Bronze Award – Annual Report – Fiscal Year 2017 Office of Economic Development Annual Report.
5. The Jones Studio was this year’s Gold Trowel of the Arizona Masonry Guild’s 27th Annual Excellence in Masonry Architectural Awards. The Gold Trowel is the guild’s top honor.
6. MEB Management Services was awarded the Accredited Management Organization of the Year Award at the Institute of Real Estate Management’s Global Summit in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Boards & Commissions
7. The League of Arizona Cities and Towns has elected Peoria Mayor Cathy Carlat as VP of its Executive Committee.
8. Cortland Partners LLC has announced it has plans to acquire up to 3,000 apartment units during the next 18 months across the Valley. Cortland employs nearly 1,900 people in 21 markets, including a sales rep in the Phoenix area who works for Cortland’s Cask Industries subsidiary that designs kitchen cabinets and faucets. Those products will be used in the upgrades at its acquired properties.
9. GLHN Architects & Engineers Inc. will move into its new offices at 3636 N. Central Ave, Suite 160, Phoenix, on Oct. 31.
10. DP Electric Inc. has moved into a new corporate office. The new office was purchased in late 2017 and was under renovation since then. This move brings the entire company together for the first time since 2005. No location was provided in the announcement.
11. AME Landscape Companies administrative team has moved to 56th Street and Van Buren to be closer to its client base. The company’s growth necessitated the move. With the increased square footage, it anticipates handling even more growth in 2019.
12. McCarthy Building Companies Inc. recently promoted Chris Anvik to VP of preconstruction for the Water Services team. Anvik previously served as chief estimator and has 12 years of experience in construction with an emphasis on water and wastewater projects.
13. The Retail brokerage team of Chuck Wells, Trask Switzenberg, Darrell DeShaw, and Justin DiBiase have joined Kidder Mathews’ Phoenix office. Prior to Kidder Mathews, the team was with Advisors Commercial Real Estate in Phoenix.
14. W.E. O’Neil announced the addition of Martie Swann to its as Project Manager in the Phoenix office.
15. Skanska recently announced Sam Anderson has been hired as an assistant superintendent for its Phoenix office.
16. Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. recently announced the hiring of Principal and Waste Management Lead Paul Burns, Principal – Environmental Practice Ryan Dunning, and Principal and Mining Industry Consulting Group Lead – Environmental Practice Robert Livermore to expand the capabilities and service offerings of its Phoenix office, continue to grow and diversify.
17. Peoria has announced Rick Buss will take the reins as director of Economic Development Services.
18. As a capital advisor at Tower Capital, newly hired VP Vin Basa will be assisting commercial real estate clients with obtaining capital for their properties.
19. VanTrust Real Estate hired Andrew Swingle as senior VP of finance at its Phoenix office. In the role, he will be responsible for delivering financing solutions to regional development teams across the country.