1. Skanska announced it will once again participate as a founding sponsor of the Valley’s second Big Dig in the Desert event with the American Cancer Society. The event gives local Phoenix children, including those with cancer, the opportunity to operate heavy machinery, including back-hoes, diggers, excavators (with supervision), and much more.
Awards and Accolades
2. Yuma County Board of Supervisors Chairman Tony Reyes recently won a statewide lifetime achievement award for his work in affordable housing.
3. Hines has announced Stantec is locating its Southwest regional office at Chandler Viridian. Stantec will consolidate four regional offices at the Viridian development and will bring 250 jobs to the combined operations.
4. Kim Pouland has been promoted to Design Partner at Swaback Partners, PLLC.
5. John Colby has been promoted to Coordinator at Dekker/Perich/Sabatini’s Phoenix office.
6. PHX Architecture recently announced five new team members. Kim Smith and Araceli Frausto have joined as Project Managers, while Claudio Muñoz Whiting has joined as a Senior Designer + Urban Planner. Javier Medrano-Smith is the new Accounting Assistant, and Brad McFarlane joins the design team as the newest Associate I.
7. A.R. Mays Construction also announced several new team members. Phillip Pies and Jeff Lewis have joined as Project Superintendents, Kevin Kwake as Senior Estimator, and Shaun Jones as Assistant Project Manager.
8. SVN Desert Commercial Advisors has welcomed Julie Harris to its retail team under the direction and mentorship of Mary Nollenberger.
9. DP Electric Inc. has hired two new senior level employees. Michael Spychala has joined as Senior Project Manager – Healthcare, and Claude Tremblay as Senior Project Manager – Mission Critical.
10. Steve Voorhees has been hired by CVL Consultants as a Project Landscape Architect.
11. The Arizona Builders Alliance has announced Yanet Sanchez as the association’s Apprenticeship Coordinator.