1. Landon Pickering of Boy Scout Troop 125, aided Mesa non-profit House of Refuge for his Eagle Scout project after the group lost its HUD funding. Pickering undertook repairs in a House of Refuge property, oversaw fundraising efforts and solicited corporate and organizational contributions for the group.
Awards and Accolades
2. Leo Sanchez of Fidelity National Title Agency has been elected Vice President of the Board of Directors for the W.P. Carey School of Business, Masters of Real Estate Development Alumni Program.
3. The national law firm of Quarles & Brady LLP announced that Diane Haller, a partner in its Phoenix office and past-chair of its national Real Estate practice group, has been named Best Lawyers’ 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Real Estate in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
4. The City of Surprise Economic Development team won three international awards at the International Economic Development Council conference: Silver Award for Partnerships with Educational Institutions – Ottawa University; Bronze Award for Entrepreneurship – AZ TechCelerator; and Bronze Award for Business Retention & Expansion (Single Event) – City of Surprise Bridge-to-Business Program / Bell & Grand Campaign.
5. The City of Mesa’s Office of Economic Development recently earned accreditation from the International Economic Development Council, making it one of 60 economic development organizations to meet the standards for accreditation.
6. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix has embarked on a $100M fundraising campaign over the next three years to support religious-education initiatives, build schools, assist people in need and strengthen parishioners’ ties to the church.
7. PhoenixMart has announced SMG as its facility management partner. SMG will manage PhoenixMart when it opens in 2018.
8. The International Concrete Repair Institute and the American Concrete Institute recently completed a Memorandum of Understanding to encourage cooperation in areas of technical committees, educational products, publications, and other related activities.
9. Charlene Reynolds and Sarah Demory have been promoted to Assistant Aviation Directors at City of Phoenix Aviation Department.
10. Kendra Pettis has been promoted to serve as the director of the City of Surprise’s new Sports and Tourism Department.
11. Cushman & Wakefield announced that Matt DePinto has joined the firm’s Phoenix office as a Senior Brokerage Coordinator for the industrial team of Mike Haenel, Andy Markham, Will Strong and Phil Haenel.
13. Avison Young has announced the hiring of corporate services specialist Mark Seale as Principal and Director of Brokerage Services in Phoenix.
14. NAI Horizon has hired Sarah Stecko as Marketing Specialist to collaborate with the brokerage teams for the coordination and creation of consistently-branded marketing materials.
15. CK Group has hired three new team members: Abern Hayes – Sr. Project Designer; Paul Granillo – Survey Technician, and Jackie Green – Sr. Marketing Coordinator.
16. Industry veteran Larry Kush recently joined ORION Investment Real Estate as Senior Vice President, focusing on land sales.
17. Withey Morris has brought on father-son team Dave and Alex Baker of Baker Law Offices, expanding its range of real estate services.
18. Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P. has hired Ben Geelan as a director in its Phoenix office, where he will focus on office and industrial sales in the Greater Phoenix and Southwest region.
19. Victor Roland Pearson, founder of Pearson Engineering Associates, passed away Sept. 15. He was 89.