1. Archer Western donated nearly 10,000 bottles of water to The Salvation Army to support their efforts with the Red Shield Survival Squad. The Red Shield Survival Squad collects much-needed water and funds, assisting those who suffer through the extreme heat conditions the most – people without a cool place to go during the most excruciating time of year in the Valley.
Awards & Accolades
2. GLHN Marketing Coordinator Tiffany Gorrell was awarded an SMPS Arizona Phelix Award in the Project Pursuit Category for her design of a proposal for the Catalina Foothills School District. Gorrell and GLHN’s Phoenix office lead, Russ Combs, accepted the award from SMPS member Cricket Robertson and Master of Ceremonies Giao Pham of the Town of Gilbert.
Boards & Commissions
3. Michael Patterson of law firm Spencer Fane LLP has been named to the Board of Directors for the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
4. United Rentals, Inc. and BlueLine Rental announced they have entered into a definitive agreement under which United Rentals will acquire BlueLine from Platinum Equity for approximately $2.1B in cash. The United Rentals board of directors unanimously approved the agreement. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2018, subject to Hart-Scott-Rodino clearance and customary conditions.
5. West USA Realty Inc. has recently moved its staff into a new office on Utopia Road, west of the I-17, that will serve as the company’s corporate headquarters and as a new branch serving the central Phoenix area.
6. W.E. O’Neil has announced the addition of Alex Lindsey to its team of construction professionals. Alex will serve in the role of Assistant Project Manager in the Tucson office and brings more than five years of experience in the construction industry.
7. NAI Horizon bolstered its retail properties division with the hiring of 22-year industry veteran Mike Kumelski as VP. Since the start of his real estate career in 1997, he has completed more than 1,200 transactions, including the development of 2MSF of shopping centers.
8. Skanska recently announced Don Switzer has been hired as a senior project manager for its Phoenix office. In his new role, he will be responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff while managing the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome.
9. A.R. Mays Construction has announced three new hires. Rocky Black and Kelly Tyler have been brought on as project superintendents, and Josh Sinacola has joined as assistant project manager.
10. Cadence Senior Living, LLC has hired Lidia Panayotova as Assistant Controller where she will oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions for several of Cadence’s communities in addition to working on general corporate accounting matters.