1. The Sundt Foundation has donated more than $163K in grant awards to nearly 60 Phoenix-area charities in the last six months. The Foundation awarded $63K in grants to 24 nonprofits and $100K in grants to 33 organizations during its second-quarter and third-quarter disbursements. In the Tucson area, the foundation donated $36K in grant awards to 21 charities during the last six months. It awarded $15K in grants to nine nonprofits and $21K in grants to 12 organizations during its second-quarter and third-quarter disbursements.
2. Hunter Contracting Co.’s 28th annual charity golf tournament event to benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of the East Valley and the Children’s Organ Transplant Association raised more than $20K. The tournament drew 131 golfers to the Arizona Grand Resort.
Awards & Accolades
3. Architectural Record has released its list of the Top 300 Firms of 2018. We are diligently working to put together a list of top firms headquartered or having local offices in Arizona and hope to present that list in our Sept. 14 issue.
5. Sundt Construction, Inc. has promoted two employee-owners within its Concrete Division. Ron Eldridge has been promoted to general superintendent, and Todd Seawell has been promoted to area manager.
6. The Planning Center announced the promotion of Brian Underwood to director of planning and Daniel Bradshaw to director of landscape architecture.
7. William (Billy) Price has been promoted to department manager at Burns & McDonnell where he will lead its global facilities team in Phoenix.
8. RY-TAN Construction has announced the hiring of Ignacio Gastelum as its new president. Gastelum comes over from lighting and energy contractor Urban Energy Solutions. In addition to the new president, Ry-Tan plans to appoint a new CEO, director of operations, and CFO “to implement future-minded technology and infrastructure improvements to the brand and service offerings, supporting longevity and growth.”
9. A.R. Mays Construction has announced two new hires. David Maples has joined as assistant project manager, and Tim Thorsen has signed on as project manager.
10. Michael Conzemius has been hired by Mortenson as a design phase manager.
11. Derek Flottum has been named director, development for Irgens to facilitate commercial development in Greater Phoenix as the company continues to expand in the Southwest.
12. Chadwick Campbell has joined Thomas Title & Escrow as senior counsel.
13. Quarles & Brady LLP announced Benjamin W. Graff has joined the firm’s Phoenix office in its Real Estate Practice Group, where he will focus on expanding the land use, zoning, and municipal government relations practice.
14. After thirty-two years of working for the University of Arizona, Associate Vice President Bruce A. Wright is retiring from Tech Parks Arizona. Wright has been instrumental in building University, industry and community partnerships for over three decades. He has also contributed significantly to building Tucson’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.