Awards & Accolades
1. Two firms in the Arizona CRE sector have been honored with inclusion on the Inc. 5000 List. Clear Title Agency of Arizona was named for the third time and Caliber – The Wealth Development Company was included for the fifth time.
2. Western powerhouse law firm Snell & Wilmer recently announced 139 of its attorneys have been chosen by their peers for inclusion in the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
3. Antonya Williams, McCarthy Building Company’s VP for the Southwest Region, has been honored as one of AZ Business and AZRE’s 2018 Most Influential Women in Arizona in the CRE category.
Boards & Commissions
4. The Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority Board of Directors announced their selection of NAIPTA Deputy General Manager Erika Mazza to serve as the organization’s next CEO and General Manager. Mazza will succeed Jeff Meilbeck, who has served as the head of Flagstaff’s transit agency for more than 20 years.
5. Upward Projects announced it will move its headquarters to the Sarmiento-designed Phoenix Financial Center rotunda in February 2019. The Phoenix-based restaurant hospitality company has secured the space, and will begin restoration and renovations this fall. Located on the grounds of the 1960-era Phoenix Financial Center (3443 N. Central Ave.), Upward Projects’ new 30-person HQ (with plans to expand to 50 people in the next few years) will be housed inside the northernmost rotunda.
6. richärd + bauer architecture announced founding partner Kelly Bauer will move on from her role of business development and interior design to lead a new entity, White Baux Studio. Bauer will lead the new independent firm, launching in the early spring of 2019, focusing on the development of interior design as a consulting discipline including public agency work, workplace and wellness strategies, private commercial clients, and the development of product and textile design.
7. McShane Construction Company announced the rollout of a new and revitalized company website designed to not only showcase its work, but also highlight its mission and company culture.
8. Colliers International in Greater Phoenix has expanded its expertise with the addition of Keri Scott, Golden St. John and Pat Moroney. The team has a broad range of experience that will enable them to serve clients’ real estate needs within the industrial, office and retail service lines.
9. 15-year HR veteran Erin O’Clair recently joined P.B. Bell as its director of human resources.
10. Erik Marsh, a 15-year real estate veteran, has joined Kidder Mathews’ Phoenix office as a senior VP. He will specialize in the acquisition and disposition of investment properties.
11. Cushman & Wakefield announced Susan LaGanke has joined the firm’s Phoenix office as a senior managing director of project & development services for the Southwest. Having been with CBRE since 2005, she returns to Cushman & Wakefield to help lead the firms national mid cap multi-market practice and southwest area comprising of Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas.
12. Art Cunningham passed away Aug. 15 near his vacation home in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Cunningham was very active in the commercial real estate industry in Phoenix, serving as president and founder of value-add commercial real estate investment firm Fountainhead Equity Partners.