Awards & Accolades
1. The City of Peoria received the Traffic Engineering Council Technical Achievement Award at the Joint ITE/CITE 2017 Annual Meeting and Exhibit, held July 30–August 2, in Toronto, ON, Canada.
2. Scott Sowinski, AIA, ALEP, WELL AP, Associate / Architect at Dekker/Perich/Sabatini has earned his WELL Accredited Professional credential, signifying expertise in the WELL Building Standard which focuses on improving the health of building occupants.
3. The Blackstone Group’s Invitation Homes and Starwood Waypoint Homes, two of the country’s largest rental-home owners, are combining in a 100 percent stock-for-stock merger to create one of the largest owners of rental homes in the U.S. with approximately 82,000 single-family rental properties. The combined company will operate under the Invitation Homes banner and continue trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol for Invitation Homes (NYSE: INVH).
4. Marc and Nita Bonilla have joined forces to unveil VIAONE. The newly formed group of companies, parent name VIAONE, is a multi-faceted, full-service commercial real estate services platform offering brokerage, management, development and strategic acquisitions. VIAONE is headquartered in Scottsdale. Its portfolio consists of projects spanning six major asset classes: retail, office, industrial, multi-family, senior-care and mixed-use.
5. CBRE has announced Andrew Fosberg has been promoted to Senior VP with CBRE Capital Markets. Fosberg has been with CBRE since 2004 where he specializes in retail investment sales.
6. McCarthy Building Companies Inc. recently promoted Kristine Newman to VP of Finance for the Southwest region.
8. Miramonte Homes recently announced the promotion of long-time employee Stephanie Richter to the position of Director of Sales and Marketing for the Tucson Division.
10. Commercial Properties, Inc./CORFAC International has announced the addition of Louis Finocchiaro, SIOR to the CPI Brokerage Team. Lou will be operating out of the Tempe headquarters and focusing on industrial, land and office condo assets in the West Valley.
11. Pat Moroney has joined Cushman & Wakefield’s Phoenix office as an Associate. Pat joins the team of Golden St. John and Keri Scott.